Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TheWindowManChris

Daft Window Cleaner
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:04:41 pm »
So.....Today I passed a Window Cleaner doing Domestic Windows and well...... He had Yellow Warning Lights on his van and Cones and etc.    I have no idea who he was but made me laugh.

How many of you have Yellow Beacon light flashing and cones when your working at domestic cleans.   I have a Yellow LED Beacon on van however as mines is a Fleet Hire van and it was already there and I do sometimes use it on Commercial Sites.

If I see him again I will defo take a picture.

dave0123

Re: Daft Window Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:16:29 pm »
not seen that before.. seen a couple with there hazard lights on just parked on a standard road.. cant see the point.
Dave.

MWC

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 10:42:44 pm »
You noticed the vehicle, how many others did too?

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 10:47:42 pm »
So.....Today I passed a Window Cleaner doing Domestic Windows and well...... He had Yellow Warning Lights on his van and Cones and etc.    I have no idea who he was but made me laugh.

How many of you have Yellow Beacon light flashing and cones when your working at domestic cleans.   I have a Yellow LED Beacon on van however as mines is a Fleet Hire van and it was already there and I do sometimes use it on Commercial Sites.

If I see him again I will defo take a picture.

There is a guy local to me who does the same thing... Parked up on the side of the road yellow beacon flashing / hazard lights on / loads and loads of cones all over the place...

Get's him noticed I suppose!

;)

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 10:49:33 pm »

Good Point,  I might get a wee tune when I arrive into estate saying 'The Window Man'   suppose there Handymen out my area that have HUGE screwdrivers on top there van!

MWC

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 11:02:51 pm »

Good Point,  I might get a wee tune when I arrive into estate saying 'The Window Man'   suppose there Handymen out my area that have HUGE screwdrivers on top there van!

Haha, funny u say that because I had thought about playing a little jingle tune

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 11:05:52 pm »

Haha, funny u say that because I had thought about playing a little jingle tune

lol Get loads kids running thinking its Ice Cream man and next the Ice Cream Union be on strike coz of the Window Cleaners.

Ste b

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 09:01:09 am »

lol Get loads kids running thinking its Ice Cream man and next the Ice Cream Union be on strike coz of the Window Cleaners.
[/quote]

Only firemen go on strike  ;D
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

KT1

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 01:34:25 pm »
Chris, can you get in touch with me, ta, didn't want to start a new topic.

shina

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 03:11:25 pm »
There is a guy that does the bin cleaning. He has a van with a trailer and the trailer has the flashing lights on it. When I saw him he was parked on a corner and had them flashing away for obvious reasons. Dont know if he has them on any other time.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 05:08:16 pm »
isn't there a by law saying if you work at the rear and off the van its law to have flashing lights on ???? read it somewhere a few years ago that's why bin men and bt guys suddenly got them on

Sean Kelly

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 06:59:41 pm »

Only firemen go on strike  ;D
[/quote]

I only strike so I get more time on the glass