Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

Aquadaptor
« on: September 14, 2013, 11:10:10 am »
So my aquadaptor is becoming annoying its started to not fully spring back into position if that makes sence!? And therefore when i pull the hose its not operating the mechanism.

Ive just tried 2 new spings and its not helping the situation. Ive also tried lubricating the mechanism which also hasnt helped!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

steven ainger

Re: Aquadaptor
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 11:21:52 am »
Chuck it out  ;D

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »
So my aquadaptor is becoming annoying its started to not fully spring back into position if that makes sence!? And therefore when i pull the hose its not operating the mechanism.

Ive just tried 2 new spings and its not helping the situation. Ive also tried lubricating the mechanism which also hasnt helped!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Is it the hose? When my son puts the pole away, he is inclined to bend the pole hose round the base of the pole as he puts the base in first and loops his hose around the brush head. Doing this has caused a 'permanent' bend or kink exacerbated by the heat of this summer. We found that this was causing the hose to jam up in the smaller sections with the pole extended.

A fellow window cleaner had a similar issue with his AD and he does the same as my son except he pushes the base of his poles into carrier tubes he has running down the roof of his van.

If you still have the mk2 with the aluminum tube, is the tube connector rubbing or chaffing on the inside of the first pole section and restricting it?

If you take the AD off and remove the pole hose and refit, does the return mechanism behave normally? If it does then it’s either the pole hose or the hose connector on the end of the aluminum tube.

If it still doesn't move freely, then you could have a bit of inbedded grit in the mechanism that is restricting it.

Another question to ask is if you have damaged it accidently. Has the pole fallen over and could the AD be out of true?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

steven 1

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 07:05:54 pm »

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hi GB,
How old is it?

If its still in warranty send it back, if not we offer a repair service.

Also the New aqua-dapter is only £29,99 now.

Regards Steven.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 04:41:11 pm »
thanks for the replies. its about two years old. think ill buy a new one.

Lee GLS

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 05:30:44 pm »
On one of my old aquadapters, the little sprung lever on the side used to get in so when I pulled on the hose the wheel had nothing to turn on

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 05:44:13 pm »
 Chuck it . and buy Top Tap off e bay Less complicated and does not add a ton to the brush. Simples.

wfp master

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 08:37:11 pm »
Get a tap.

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 08:59:19 pm »
Got a link Smithie please?
You can't polish a turd

ben M

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 09:58:12 pm »
Got a link Smithie please?
any link please?

ben M

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 10:36:12 pm »
smithie,are you sleeping? lol

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 10:53:01 pm »
The Top Tap was up last week on e bay so I bought three. I  have not received them yet but will let you know if I see them gain. It did not look complicated just a  special small tap fitted into some heat vulcanized  hose , the chap told when I messaged him. What  I understood was you open the tap as you extend and drop the pole so saving water between houses, and front and back.I think its a cool idea. 8) 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 10:56:22 pm »
Ben and Dave I will keep you informed if they come up again.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ben M

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 10:57:31 pm »
Ben and Dave I will keep you informed if they come up again.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
thanks mate  ;)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 10:58:58 pm »
The Top Tap was up last week on e bay so I bought three. I  have not received them yet but will let you know if I see them gain. It did not look complicated just a  special small tap fitted into some heat vulcanized  hose , the chap told when I messaged him. What  I understood was you open the tap as you extend and drop the pole so saving water between houses, and front and back.I think its a cool idea. 8) 8) 8) 8)
So you are recommending a product as less complicated than an aqua-dapter and you havn't even used it yet ???

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 01:03:42 am »
Throw the aquadapter in the bin, have the hose outside the pole (which will then last longer) and just kink the hose to stop the flow.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 05:07:04 am »
Having the hose outside  the pole take more time IMO/

rosskesava

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 08:56:05 am »
Having the hose outside  the pole take more time IMO/

I wouldn't say it was quicker or slower, just easier, especially when extending and collapsing the pole as there's no grit, etc, on the sections.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.