Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Re: Pics Of My Mitsubishi L200
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 09:00:05 am »
Just got a l200 long bed its barbarian model so got all the extras such a great tool better than a van for carrying weight. Most vans have car engines are just not man enough. I had a t5 transporter before this which is just a vw golf engine. Felt like it couldn't cope even when remapped, l200 you don't even notice 500 litres in the back  :)
you obviously bought the wrong van then .

Well can your van do this ;)?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=-RV1cCgMMiM

Also regarding window cleaning with its 1150kg payload and 2,700kg of pulling power it is going to feel like a Feather with a 500l tank compared to most vans, why can't some of you see the fun factor and Practicality !

jimiwindows

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 10:14:36 am »

good deal

formb

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 10:23:26 am »

tompoole

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 04:31:42 pm »
Lol ... But think you'll find that has more to do with the landrover
Having mud or all terrains on compared to the bishis road tyre .
I've driven isuzus toyotas and l200 s off road and with correct
Mud tyres the only thing that a landrover has an advantage is
In the real rough stuff ie ditch crossing where defender has less over hang
The Isuzu was a match for the 110 defender .
T

formb

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 05:29:53 pm »
Quote from: tompoole
Lol ... But think you'll find that has more to do with the landrover
Having mud or all terrains on compared to the bishis road tyre .
I've driven isuzus toyotas and l200 s off road and with correct
Mud tyres the only thing that a landrover has an advantage is
In the real rough stuff ie ditch crossing where defender has less over hang
The Isuzu was a match for the 110 defender .
T

Maybe for yours Tom  ;).

The thing about Defenders is it's getting more and more rare to find a 'standard' one. How many people have modified their L200s. Not many.

tompoole

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 06:02:34 pm »
lol... was talking like for like but there was nowt standard about my 110  ;D
HD landrover springs front and rear , huskey winch, bfg muds, vnt turbo and full face intercooler.
no wonder she only returned 20 mpg. hehehe.
still have my camel discovery so not jumped ship totally !
i do love landrovers but some of the jap stuff is as good although its hard to admit.
  there is a saying in the overland world.
" you go into the jungle or desert in a landrover, but come out in a toyota!"

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 06:41:40 pm »
That's what I'm trying to work out! Plenty of space for work powerful pickup engine , it would be surely it be great to take it out somewhere too, or go on long journeys like to Europe
Mate, if you drove one, you would not want to go to Europe in it!!!  You may not want to go on any long journey!  They are like snails and have very little leg room in the back.

formb

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2013, 06:49:35 pm »
My mate had a l200 animal. On the road I must admit it was a far more comfortable, civilised beast. Off the road, it was a bit of a joke to be honest, even compared to my standard(ish) series 3. L200s are just too car like for me, bend a sill on a Defender and its a hammer job, (£50 for a new sill at worst) and its like new. Bend an L200 and its £££.

That is why we use them for work. If, when I bought my first Defender, I'd bought an L200 instead, it would now be scrap.

tompoole

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2013, 07:17:13 pm »
True

Crystal-clear

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2013, 10:21:03 pm »
That's what I'm trying to work out! Plenty of space for work powerful pickup engine , it would be surely it be great to take it out somewhere too, or go on long journeys like to Europe
Mate, if you drove one, you would not want to go to Europe in it!!!  You may not want to go on any long journey!  They are like snails and have very little leg room in the back.

oh?? :(

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2013, 09:38:58 pm »
thanks for posting this I need a new vehical and was looking at the pickup have got a 500l tank. Sometimes we use 750 sometimes and put 10 25L cans in back of van as well. Could you put a  trailor behind ans pull another 250L? kerb weight and all that.

also would be looking at an older l200, pre 05 . Mind made up now. We have a llot of rural upland territory, and wwe could get to this when the snow is on the ground. with the transit we are sometimes not able to get up to some work till easter. Only trouble is our private toilet (bucket in back of van) would be gone. Any sugestions

EandM

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 12:15:30 am »
thanks for posting this I need a new vehical and was looking at the pickup have got a 500l tank. Sometimes we use 750 sometimes and put 10 25L cans in back of van as well. Could you put a  trailor behind ans pull another 250L? kerb weight and all that.

also would be looking at an older l200, pre 05 . Mind made up now. We have a llot of rural upland territory, and wwe could get to this when the snow is on the ground. with the transit we are sometimes not able to get up to some work till easter. Only trouble is our private toilet (bucket in back of van) would be gone. Any sugestions

For pre-2005 or Classic shape L200s makes sure you do your homework or find someone that knows there stuff - The more mechanics and owners I spoke too and owners reviews I read the more the issues cropped up. It seems that you can be fortunate and run one to 300,000 miles with only routine servicing or it might bankrupt you ! There's lots of very good pattern parts available through people like Milners and lots of rubbish too. Join one of the owners clubs and talk to them first - it may just save you a lot of grief, time and money.

chanster00

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2013, 02:02:01 am »
Steve Love it mate! great stuff! id have a defender tho, just cos am a fan!

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2013, 04:59:34 pm »

Yep, you can carry and tow. You can get a custom tank built up to 670 litres and still have room for a DI, pump etc. tank is about £500.

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2013, 05:02:05 pm »
Steve Love it mate! great stuff! id have a defender tho, just cos am a fan!
Cheers! Looking forward to seeing it in full action mode!  ;D

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2013, 05:50:32 pm »
[

For pre-2005 or Classic shape L200s makes sure you do your homework or find someone that knows there stuff - The more mechanics and owners I spoke too and owners reviews I read the more the issues cropped up. It seems that you can be fortunate and run one to 300,000 miles with only routine servicing or it might bankrupt you ! There's lots of very good pattern parts available through people like Milners and lots of rubbish too. Join one of the owners clubs and talk to them first - it may just save you a lot of grief, time and money.
[/quote]

Cheer thanks. I know its a bit of a mine field. last pickup i had set on fire on motorway and had a scooby doo before that which i snapped in half