Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

keen2clean

END OF TENNANCCY CLEANING
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:25:47 pm »
Hi as some of you know im new to this game and jus trying to pick soe tips up off th epros. Ive managed to swing myself a meeting with a letting agent to become their new lettings cleaner does any one know how this works and if they take a share of my profits, and how much i shud quote them. Mnay thanks in  advance ray

Chris_Thomas

Re: END OF TENNANCCY CLEANING
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:52:54 am »
Don't let them rip you off. Thet're not spending their own money. Avoid at all costs quoting blind. The chances are you are only getting the worst ones!

clifford

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:34:45 am »
hi

you will find that with a letting agency they ask the tennant for a deposit upront for any cleaning damages etc that they may leave this could be anything!! i find it best to ask them how much they have and work the price around that???

cliff

keen2clean

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 10:56:49 am »
DOES £20 AN HOR WITH TWO CLEANERS ON THE JOB SOUND A FAIR PRICE?

Art

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 11:04:20 am »
DOES £20 AN HOR WITH TWO CLEANERS ON THE JOB SOUND A FAIR PRICE?

That's to cheap, you should be looking at no less than £30 per hour for 2 cleaners.

Arthur

CMS

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 11:30:59 am »
£30 for me too

Tim Downer

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 11:52:31 am »
i used to quote £25.00 per hour when i was self employed - and did them on my own. Would work out roughly how long it would take to clean, then add an hour or so ontop, because you have to think of your time going to see the property before the clean to check it out, and also going to the letting agent to get the key and drop it off afterwards.

Carpet cleaning is a good bonus ontop, also if you are good at decorating and DIY.....offer them too.

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

clifford

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 04:46:40 pm »
hi

£20 an hour u defo need to be looking higher mate because
some of these houses will be in a right mess!!

cliff

williamx

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 11:32:36 am »
I'am in the process of taking up this type of cleaning on top of the Carpet and Window cleaning that I currently do.

I have come up with a fixed price of £250.00 for a 3 bedroom house which will include the following cleaning service.

1  Clean both the inside and outside windows, including conservatary.

2  Hot water extraction cleaning of all the carpets

3  A full top to bottom clean of the house including oven - fridge - bath and shower.

What do you think?

mxg

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 01:14:19 pm »
The simple answer is : It depends

That sounds like an awful lot of cleaning for £250 - we have done similar jobs where just the general cleaning alone was £250.

If you want to quote a price I would say "from £250" and "All work subject to site survery before a price can be confirmed"

Mick

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 10:20:45 pm »
I'am in the process of taking up this type of cleaning on top of the Carpet and Window cleaning that I currently do.

I have come up with a fixed price of £250.00 for a 3 bedroom house which will include the following cleaning service.

1  Clean both the inside and outside windows, including conservatary.

2  Hot water extraction cleaning of all the carpets

3  A full top to bottom clean of the house including oven - fridge - bath and shower.

What do you think?

I think that after you have done it once your charges would go up at list twice.  No offence you just do not know how much job one off cleaning can involve…

We never set a limit for one off cleaning jobs, what we say is:  “To clean you place properly we would require minimum “so many” hours…” and then we ask client what he/she thinks...  If they disagree we walk away, as simple as that.

Kind regards,
Arthur

williamx

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 11:22:25 pm »
Arthur

I agree that end of cleans can involve a lot of work, in the past I have done quite a few end of tenacy carpet cleans, student one are a nightmare normally, but I can still clean a 3 bedroom houses carpets in 4-5 hours, even if students have been there.

But in this venture I thought that if I clean the carpets, I can get someone to wfp the windows and then have have 1 or 2 cleaners working on the rest of the house.

I figure that with this amount of staff I could clean a 3 bedroom house top to bottom in 4-5 hours max.

Art

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 11:35:02 pm »
William,

Kitchens can take 2 good cleaners 2hrs- 3hrs,Toilets with heavy limescale 1cleaner 2 hours and remeber there's often en-suites and the rest of the house.

So set prices are risky

Arthur

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 11:36:32 pm »
William,

In December last year we cleaned a student’s place:
Kitchen, stairs, entrance hall and two bathrooms took us 6 hours to clean.  It was not a deep clean...  

If we were asked to do properly a 3 bedroom house we would not go into it if at least 15 hours at £12 per hour was agreed...  I do not see how you would manage to do carpet cleaning and window cleaning for £70...

3 bedroom houses usually take 4 hours to clean and it is on a regular, weekly bases.

One –off cleaning is such a mess…

Kind regards,
Arthur

dirtbusters

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 11:55:32 pm »
the more services you can offer the more the agents will use you (as long as you do a good job). they would rather make one phone call and have rubbish cleared,complete clean including oven,hob,extractor+carpets and garden work all done by one contractor. if you cant handle it all by yourself then use good subcontractors.
ps. possibly one of the most important things agents like is flexibility, ie a quick change of tenant and the cleaning needs to be done in the next couple of days.
if you can keep them happy then you will have plenty of work.

gavin

CMS

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 06:29:53 pm »
I'm sure all the more experienced Contractors will agree (and the newbies will soon learn)................................

....................the amount of cleaning required on an 'end of tenancy clean' is not determined by the standard the outgoing tenant has left it in. It is determined by how much deposit the Landlord is holding.