Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark_roberts

Type of customers from Website
« on: July 22, 2013, 08:15:33 pm »
I noticed on another thread Jon mentioned the website attracting the wrong type of customers.

I too have this problem.  To many one room quotes in the wrong end of town.  Im beginning to think the web is definitley not the way to target middle to high end type clients.

Or is it just the way its going to be from now on.

Mark

Paul Moss

Re: Type of customers from Website
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 08:23:21 pm »
I dont get much off the tinternet, when i do its a mixed bag.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 08:29:49 pm »
It depends on area I guess. I get a mix of high end, middle and EOTs types. And some cheapo's too.

If you want high prices you need to do a home visit so that you can sell to them.

If your minimum is £80+ then you'll struggle online only. Unless you cover a large area and get a lot of calls, where it becomes a numbers game.

wynne jones

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:40:39 pm »
You could put a little note on there saying if you only have one room to clean or live the wrong end of town please ring someone else. The beauty of the web is you can get them to do your filtering.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Craigp

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 08:47:03 pm »
You could put your min order on your site, (if its above £70) this will filter some low end ones out.

I see one of the old FTers has his min on there of £120, but then your number of calls might drop to much..

wynne jones

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 08:57:59 pm »
You could put your min order on your site, (if its above £70) this will filter some low end ones out.

I see one of the old FTers has his min on there of £120, but then your number of calls might drop to much..

Id want that to work in Essex  ;D

garry22

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 09:36:50 pm »
Just put a "No Riff Raff" notice on your site  :D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 09:52:19 am »
We get the opposite. Right from the first days we had a website we noticed people were far more informed about what they wanted and came to us knowing we weren't going to be the cheapest but that never seemed to bother them, what they wanted this time around was a quality job. I think you have to write your website so that it is targeted at the type of customer you want. Our customers tell us we were by no means the cheapest but were willing to pay the extra on order to get the quality, which in turn means they understand that quality comes at a price. Too many carpet cleaners try to stand out by being the cheapest, but that is not what the right kind of people actually want and so websites using price as their USP are totally unattractive to them, but very attractive to the price shopper.

Simon

garry22

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 10:52:21 am »
Well said Simon

Michael Jame

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 11:00:56 am »
Totally agree with that Simon.

You stand outside a restaurant and decide in your head whether its going to be a burger and pint for £4.99 or an A la carte menu at £50 a head. Same applies to most other things in life. Some people pay £5 for a haircut and some pay £50 just for a wash and blow jobdry.

Your website is the closest thing to a shop window you will have. If they are new customers who don't know you then look and feel of the site, largely dictates who is going to approach you.

creighton foyle

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 11:10:21 am »
if a customer telephones me after looking at my website I usually get the work, if they email me asking for a price then I find these are the ones looking for the cheapest price .
 I usually reply to email enquiries by giving my phone number and stating I need to do a site visit to give an accurate price.

Allan Simmons

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 03:32:31 pm »
We found the same as Simon.  When we changed our website we targeted the clients we wanted to call.  We even say if you're looking for the cheapest please call someone else.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 06:38:02 pm »
I get a mixture from websites from high end footballers to people renting in the roughest areas of Newcastle(which there are quite a few ;D) Usually leather work comes when they've tried themselves and cannot do it,carpet cleaning is normally one room or emergency weekend accidents

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 08:32:05 pm »
We don't get high end footballers in my neck of the woods some would say we don't footballers at all!

Shaun

ian harper

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 08:42:55 am »
Mark

Its about message to market match. having just one site with one message will only speak to that group. testing and tracking your message ideas will show you what works. I try stuff all the time some works and lots does not but the messages move forward.

Here are 3 message to market matches I use

1. Save Money By Buying Outcomes Instead Of Carpet Cleaning Methods (Aimed at prospects that have been calling around)

2. Carpet Cleaning Accomplishments, Saving You Money And Building My Pride (Aimed at prospect that judge on past accomplishments)

3. Cut Out The Middle Man - Alternative To Using Carpet Cleaning Franchises

Respects

Ian Harper

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 07:20:06 pm »
Ian

You don't half make life hard for yourself.

wynne jones

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 07:30:27 pm »
Ian

You don't half make life hard for yourself.

Good to see you back on here Ian anyway.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 07:52:56 am »
Hi Guys

It does depend on how you write your site and also where you advertise.

If you are going for ad words with price offers then you will get a lot of price shoppers.

I have picked up some fantastic quality work from the web.

One of my best defences is to let the calls go to answer and filter them.

Cheers

Doug