Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin_Bignell

Bane exhaust
« on: July 08, 2013, 04:22:20 pm »
Hi Lads, Help,
Iv'e put a request on the wanted column of this site for a Bane Clene exhaust but if I don't get lucky does anyone know of another exhaust baffler that will do the job, any suggestions as I don't really want to buy a new one as it has got to come from the states.
Cheers,      Martin.

john martin

Re: Bane exhaust
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 05:33:05 pm »
Not sure why they need to muffle these as they should be quiet if running well .
But most of these mufflers are just hollow tubes with a layer of foam lining the inside ..
you could probably make one from pvc drain pipe in your local hardware store .

Martin_Bignell

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:41:05 pm »
Good idea John, but it does have to be muffled in some way as a displacement blower with no silencing  is deafening, its not like fan vacs that are in the average portable.  But I might try to build one as you said could be cheap and cheerful.
Ta,  Martin.

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 06:51:13 pm »
You could use a silencer from a car. The big Volvo ones are good. Has to be big enough to avoid back pressure on the blower. Should be able to pick a redundant stock one up from an exhaust centre cheap.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 08:32:41 pm »
I had a bane and the pipe from the blower to the silencer split the noise was defining, you can but a silencer from ashbys not sure howit would fit I think John has the best idea.

Shaun