Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Lease or buy a van

Lease
20.5%
8 (20.5%)
buy
79.5%
31 (79.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

ALAN HAYNES

Re: What should i do
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 10:04:04 pm »
I Would love a new van but can not bring myself to
pay the VAT so went for one 12 mths old

H2GoKent

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 10:08:58 pm »
I was wondering about lease purchase.
Any ideas on that? I believe you only pay a little more than hire purchase and then the van is yours at the end or have I got it wrong. (Quite likely been a long day)
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Ste M

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 10:12:18 pm »
I've just got a brand new transit on a lease. Best thing I've done. 100% deductible and if I do want to buy it then I still get a good deal if not they give me market price so I still may have some money in it to cover a deposit. I leased at deposit of 825 and then 47 payments of 275 or I could buy at deposit of 2k and then 420 a month

so your paying £13750 to hire a van? i bought my van brand new for less than that, no finance cash purchase

not bad considering the van is worth 25k, im not sure if you can work it out or if your just sitting there thinking your clever but ill explain a slight bit for you.

i aint stupid, ive got a brain that works and the sums add up for me plus im not driving round in a piece of crap that can break down at any minute and cost a fortune, oh and if anything happens in the next 3 years then i give it back they fix it and i get a courtesy van whilst its in. Oh and also after 4 years i can buy it for a damn site less than most people can get a 4 year old limited edition transit van.

Ste M

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 10:13:58 pm »
Alright Ste did u get a custom, or trend? Are they any good

i got the last of the old shape transit, mwb medium roof and its bloody awesome mate, its the limited model, i prefer the medium roof and the medium wheel base now gives me enough room to carry all my gear all the time so i dont get to a job only to realise ive left something behind. should meet up mate an you can have a nose

Ste M

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 10:16:36 pm »
I've just got a brand new transit on a lease. Best thing I've done. 100% deductible and if I do want to buy it then I still get a good deal if not they give me market price so I still may have some money in it to cover a deposit. I leased at deposit of 825 and then 47 payments of 275 or I could buy at deposit of 2k and then 420 a month

so your paying £13750 to hire a van? i bought my van brand new for less than that, no finance cash purchase

If he buys the van it will cost him £21740 over 4 years
If leases the van it costs £13750 over 4 years.

By leasing he saves £7990
Then 4 years servicing and consumables lets say another £1000.
Then its 100% tax deductible a owned new van is considered an asset so you can only claim for
a percentage.
At the end of 4 years is he any worse off.

Well done mate, someone else who understands the concept of saving and making money, oh and by the way the servicing is now every two years and only costs £100 per service :) . in the near 3 years i had my last one i probably spent £500 tops, that was 3 years old when i bought it, i dont expect any costs like that this time as i look after my vehicles and so do the lads

chanster00

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 11:42:48 pm »
Alright Ste did u get a custom, or trend? Are they any good

i got the last of the old shape transit, mwb medium roof and its bloody awesome mate, its the limited model, i prefer the medium roof and the medium wheel base now gives me enough room to carry all my gear all the time so i dont get to a job only to realise ive left something behind. should meet up mate an you can have a nose

Love too mate! Need u to explain this leasing stuff also if ya would. Just been thinking if my fuel pump went now  my van would be a write off! Need to sell it. Am leaning towards a lease

wrighty

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 11:48:40 pm »
I have my own leasing company  and can lease you a new transit custom for £209 per month plus vat and its only a 2yr contract
email craig@mcmleasing.co.uk if interested or you need another van as the above is just an example.

Ste M

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 01:12:24 pm »
Chanster. The old skyway now peoples do the new custom for 200 plus vat. Give me a bell anytime if you want to ask anythin. 07739463823