Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marcin Stepis

Just starting...
« on: May 27, 2013, 09:45:22 pm »
Hello Everyone!

Im Marcin, Im starting my own (self-employed) carpet cleaning company. I work as full time chef, this will be just my extra earning opportunity (for now..  8) ) I have been on the training course with NCCA.

I don't really know what HWE machine should I buy. I want to buy a small (I'm small one too :) ) compact machine, not to heavy, just for domestics jobs for start.

My ideas: Prochem Galaxy, Alltec Aqua, Ashby Sensei.

Anyone used them? Can you give me any feedback about those machines?

regards

Jamie Pearson

Re: Just starting...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 09:53:10 pm »
Ideally you want a minimum spec of twin 3 stage vac and 100psi in a portable set up.

john martin

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 09:59:02 pm »
  Of the three you mention ... the alltec aqua  ,  but only the twinvac version with immersion heat .  Otherwise Alltec express  twin with heat or airflex mini twin with heat  .
If you can handle a full size machine ..  Alltec elite twin + heat (or two heaters)good value ..  many more though .

Marcin Stepis

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 10:04:50 pm »
Ideally you want a minimum spec of twin 3 stage vac and 100psi in a portable set up.

Thats why Im looking more for Ashby Sensei (135 psi - 3 stage). Aqua 30 and Galaxy got only 70psi (galaxy is only 2 stage). I havent used any of these machines, so Im just looking for some opinion.

cleantech

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 10:18:26 pm »
Prochem steempro 2000 with 150 psi and you can tackle any job. 

Marcin Stepis

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 10:24:11 pm »
Prochem steempro 2000 with 150 psi and you can tackle any job. 

as I mentioned before Im only looking for a compact (I have a estate car, not a van) machine to get me started. By the way I bought Hydromist Compact couple months ago but its useless :)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:12:32 am »
If you look at the Extracta Web Site , you will see them putting a large machine in the back of an estate.

If you buy a small single vac you will be disapointed if you stay in the industry.

Perhaps your budget is a factor in that case look for a good secondhand one, or save a bit more before you join the industry.

As the Summer is here invest in a ladder, bucket etc and try your hand at window cleaning, this will give you an idea what it is like working two jobs.
Gain you Marketing Experience.
Plus when you are ready to quit your present job you will be able to combine Carpets and Window Cleaning giving you a regular Cash Flow so important when becoming Self Employed.

Big Money is made in Carpet Cleaning but a lot also struggled so do not be seduced by the adverts.

*Hector*

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 08:15:18 am »
good advice from Ian....

With window cleaning your marketing is all at the beginning, once you have a round, the marketing is just about maintenance. With carpet cleaning... You are always marketing, at least for the first 5-10 years, and even after that to an extent...

Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Marcin Stepis

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 11:01:05 pm »
If you look at the Extracta Web Site , you will see them putting a large machine in the back of an estate.

If you buy a small single vac you will be disapointed if you stay in the industry.

Perhaps your budget is a factor in that case look for a good secondhand one, or save a bit more before you join the industry.

As the Summer is here invest in a ladder, bucket etc and try your hand at window cleaning, this will give you an idea what it is like working two jobs.
Gain you Marketing Experience.
Plus when you are ready to quit your present job you will be able to combine Carpets and Window Cleaning giving you a regular Cash Flow so important when becoming Self Employed.

Big Money is made in Carpet Cleaning but a lot also struggled so do not be seduced by the adverts.

If carpet cleaning gets more serious, Id like to stay as part time chef (half days, or 2-3 days a week - that my cash flow -  Im pretty good at it ;) ) Im looking forward to get Alltec Express

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 11:29:36 pm »
Hi Marcin

Have you gone for the Alltec Express ?

Richard & Tara

Marcin Stepis

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 09:52:57 pm »
Hi Marcin

Have you gone for the Alltec Express ?

Richard & Tara

Im in the middle of sorting my mortgage, after that I will decide which one I will buy, but I think Express is the winner at the moment :)

All the best!

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 07:42:47 am »
Marcin,
Apart from your machine you will have to spend a lot of money on advertising in order to get the phone to ring. New business is hard to get in this economic climate and if you don't have the funds to do sufficient advertising it won't matter which machine you purchase. Gone are the days when you could place and advert in your local paper and hey presto, the phone rings. If you're serious about starting a business then you have to make sure that you have the funds in place to finance the advertising and the business in the first few years until you get more established.

Simon

bennymon

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 07:46:23 pm »
I think if you would be better of making your mind up either doing your other job full time or having a real go at carpet cleaning as it takes a lot of time and effort .

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 11:06:42 pm »
I would be concerned about having Mortgage and only working part time as a Chief and part time as a Carpet Cleaner.

I was watching a TV programme where two Chefs made £500 plus profit  each serving food on the Orient Express.

Find a nicely situated pub get two old railway carriages put in the garden tart them up add  some sound effects  flashing images and have a rail diner experience.

Or find a redundant Little Chief convert to top quality diner and promote it as much as required  in  Carpet Cleaning. Just think of the potential profit on a a table of four covers.

For £250 I will sell you some Marketing strategies to fill it night after night or my team would come and promote this amazing experience P.O.A.   :o :o :o

Marcin Stepis

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 09:53:37 pm »
I would be concerned about having Mortgage and only working part time as a Chief and part time as a Carpet Cleaner.

I was watching a TV programme where two Chefs made £500 plus profit  each serving food on the Orient Express.

Find a nicely situated pub get two old railway carriages put in the garden tart them up add  some sound effects  flashing images and have a rail diner experience.

Or find a redundant Little Chief convert to top quality diner and promote it as much as required  in  Carpet Cleaning. Just think of the potential profit on a a table of four covers.

For £250 I will sell you some Marketing strategies to fill it night after night or my team would come and promote this amazing experience P.O.A.   :o :o :o

great idea! lol!   ;D

I was only talking about cash flow, I can easily have few customers a week (evenings and weekends) and work as a chef (im lucky I finish my job at 3pm everyday  8) )

Bennymon, If I will have an opportunity to make the same money (or more) on carpet cleaning I will go for it!

regards everyone!

davep

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 11:14:31 pm »
Problem is most cc's are done by 3 as custys kids are home fron school etc.

dan paton

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 10:41:13 am »
参しないので、干脆むだだ.もちろん関係が  ルブタン レディース  み、またとても怒っていなかった多くの殴り 宮雅治道:ちょっと待って、私は服を着替え  ルブタン レディース 公式  たくない、あの電文さんをめとりたいあなた 部屋に入って、そこで彼高美倩正座発見.美  ルブタン レディース 価格  …私はあなたに曲がる……「私たちにはある

WTF is this poo

bennymon

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 12:02:13 pm »
I think that Korean dictator has  :invaded clean it up  :)  :)  :) lol