Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

firefly123

charging battery
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:19:11 pm »
leisure batterys can not be left to run down to more than 40 % of there total charge or they will not recharge i killed a new 110 amp battery like this trouble is if you do short  runs with a split charger all you do is top battery up so i use an 85 amp and charge every two days any one seen the leisure battery made with carbon fibre inside makers say it will do 800 deep cycle charges but have heard there customer service is naff so am loath  to buy  one
shiney one

dazmond

Re: charging battery
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 08:11:27 pm »
all i do is take my leisure battery out of  my pumpbox at the end of each working day.charge it for a few hours until full charge showing then pop it back in pumpbox and connect it up ready for the next days work.

SIMPLE!! ;D ;D

no split charge relays etc,no leaving the battery to run down for days on end! ;)
price higher/work harder!

Fin Clearview

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 08:18:02 pm »
leisure batterys can not be left to run down to more than 40 % of there total charge or they will not recharge i killed a new 110 amp battery like this trouble is if you do short  runs with a split charger all you do is top battery up so i use an 85 amp and charge every two days any one seen the leisure battery made with carbon fibre inside makers say it will do 800 deep cycle charges but have heard there customer service is naff so am loath  to buy  one

Does that mean if you run it flat it's virtually knackered? My 85ah was new in Aug and I've run it flat a few times, even though I used to charge it weekly it died on me Tuesday after an overnight charge on Sunday. And it's running off a relay!

traps7

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 08:29:44 pm »
Mine's on a split charge relay and I haven't taken it out for months.

Now that's simple.

And I think you'll find Dave Morris runs his from his van battery with no problem. Even simpler.

R.C Property

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 09:59:04 pm »
Leisure batteries are designed to run flat without being damaged,
It's the car batteries that can't be run down.

EandM

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 10:17:07 pm »
Leisure batteries are designed to run flat without being damaged,
It's the car batteries that can't be run down.

What he said. That's sort of the point of them.

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 05:50:55 am »
Had last leisure battery last about 16 months i would not run my down to below 11.8 as a general rule although i did run it flat a 2-3 times . Typically i would charge after 7-8 days use

But in last 3 months or so before it died i was not getting full power from it got a my first battery with Pump box  from cleaning spot i think .

Got current battery from halfords and charge it every weekend if i remember . Mike

EandM

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 04:11:58 pm »
Had last leisure battery last about 16 months i would not run my down to below 11.8 as a general rule although i did run it flat a 2-3 times . Typically i would charge after 7-8 days use

But in last 3 months or so before it died i was not getting full power from it got a my first battery with Pump box  from cleaning spot i think .

Got current battery from halfords and charge it every weekend if i remember . Mike

The usual failure I get is the loss of one or more cells. I've lost two on my current 100 amp/h and am down to 6 volts. However, as I don't have a pump controller I find that the pump runs at just the right speed - so it's not all bad !

Scrimble

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 12:48:26 pm »
all i do is take my leisure battery out of  my pumpbox at the end of each working day.charge it for a few hours until full charge showing then pop it back in pumpbox and connect it up ready for the next days work.

SIMPLE!! ;D ;D

no split charge relays etc,no leaving the battery to run down for days on end! ;)

sod that, lugging a big heavy leisure battery in and out of the van every day,

fit a split charge relay or a flow controller with the battery charge function, i have never had to take my battery out of the van to charge it