Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony Edwards

Telescopic wand advice
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:58:40 am »

Can anyone recommend a telescopic pressure washer lance that extends to 7 metres or so ?

There are a few around ( the yellow ones on most sites)

I have heard that they are heavy to use and not that effective.

Would rather buy a lightweight more expensive one ( upto £600 max ) rather than spend £120-150 on those yellow ones.

Any recommendations on a better one to use and also where to source would be appreciated.

cheers

BDCS

Re: Telescopic wand advice
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 06:11:50 pm »
The yellow ones are usually Giraffe, anything at 7m is a nightmare workout. I also have an Omni power pole which although is better quality it is still a "thing" - I think they are over £450 !

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 06:19:27 pm »
I use our Omnipole regularly and unless you have sturdy shoulders, used to holding a bit of weight go for the giraffe one. The omnipole is a much better pole but heavy.

Stout Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 07:04:10 pm »

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 07:15:55 pm »
Smartypants ;D

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 07:30:12 pm »
 ;)

And another done this week from the ground.

Tony Edwards

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 08:42:46 pm »
Lee

That's really clever, is it a gardiner clx ?

How did you build that ?

johnny bravo

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 08:52:14 pm »
your a legend blastaway.

Blast Away

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 09:35:56 pm »
Lee

How did you build that ?

Yeh clx 27. Trevor Perry did it first and I had a go of his when we worked on a job together.

£192 for the pole, £45 for the hose then the fittings etc and an inline trigger.

Griffus

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 10:26:57 am »
Lee

How did you build that ?

Yeh clx 27. Trevor Perry did it first and I had a go of his when we worked on a job together.

£192 for the pole, £45 for the hose then the fittings etc and an inline trigger.

Hi Lee

A good idea but how is the pole it at full stretch? Also, as the FSC lies in the roof anyway, apart from the additional length, how is the CLX better than the standard 7 Metre Telescopic Pole?

I do have a CLX 27 as it happens and I wouldn't have thought it strong enough for this type of work, though your pictures do clearly show otherwise.

The only thing is these do seem to be low roofs, have you tried on standard roof on a two story house?

I am impressed and would be interested in the full list of parts involved in the conversion if possible?

Cheers

Ian

Blast Away

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 11:01:23 am »
Morning Ian,

I haven't had the mosmatic on at full stretch yet but have had a fan nozzle and turbo on with revs dropped. Fan was to clean stone sills on a 3 storey block. I would recommend a k5 unloader on the pump for this if you're familiar with one. And the nozzle couples to a swivel, pref a mosmatic swivel fitting as they tighten up nicely and you position the swivel to the right angle.
A storey house from the ground would be difficult but standing on a scaffold feet at gutter level would be fine.

trevor perry

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 11:35:39 am »
Lee

How did you build that ?

Hi Lee

A good idea but how is the pole it at full stretch? Also, as the FSC lies in the roof anyway, apart from the additional length, how is the CLX better than the standard 7 Metre Telescopic Pole?

I do have a CLX 27 as it happens and I wouldn't have thought it strong enough for this type of work, though your pictures do clearly show otherwise.

The only thing is these do seem to be low roofs, have you tried on standard roof on a two story house?

I am impressed and would be interested in the full list of parts involved in the conversion if possible?

Cheers

Ian

when i first made one i thought they would not be strong enough but what you have to remember is that the power hose runs up the pole and this gives the added strengh, i have used mine fully extended no problems but it is easier with a turbo nozzle attached than a fan nozzle.
  the next one i am going to trial is a 35ft slx
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Griffus

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 12:29:03 pm »
Lee

How did you build that ?

Hi Lee

Cheers

Ian

when i first made one i thought they would not be strong enough but what you have to remember is that the power hose runs up the pole and this gives the added strengh, i have used mine fully extended no problems but it is easier with a turbo nozzle attached than a fan nozzle.
  the next one i am going to trial is a 35ft slx

Hi Trevor, I have a SLX 35 too. This is a marked improvement on the CLX in weight and more importantly rigidity. I cant imaging a Turbo un the end of it though!  :o

That said, I think you're the Forum's resident 'Nutty Professor'  ;D

I mean this is the nicest possible way.

Keep us posted, I'm interested in how this goes.

One last question, is it a quick conversion back to proper use or do you need a replacement top end?

If this works you ought to contact Gardiners and push for some commision on any sales made for this purpose. You could try and patent any special fitting combinations that make this possible (worth a try, though doubtful).

trevor perry

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 07:32:19 pm »

Hi Trevor, I have a SLX 35 too. This is a marked improvement on the CLX in weight and more importantly rigidity. I cant imaging a Turbo un the end of it though!  :o

That said, I think you're the Forum's resident 'Nutty Professor'  ;D

I mean this is the nicest possible way.

Keep us posted, I'm interested in how this goes.

One last question, is it a quick conversion back to proper use or do you need a replacement top end?

If this works you ought to contact Gardiners and push for some commision on any sales made for this purpose. You could try and patent any special fitting combinations that make this possible (worth a try, though doubtful).
[/quote]
it could be converted back but would be to much hassle to do on a regular basis so i just use the pole for pressure washing work and have other poles for window cleaning work with what i have in mind using at 35ft will be a doddle
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Blast Away

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 08:14:33 pm »
Trev I had the hose fed through the pole and the ferrule crimped, after the ferrule the nut fitting being hex and bigger won't go back through the pole. This will be your reason why you couldn't use as a water fed pole either, I presume.