Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Cole

Bookkeeping and Accounting Fees
« on: March 16, 2013, 01:20:30 pm »
Just out of interest was wondering what everyone is paying or would be prepared to pay for bookkeeping, year end financial statements, self-assessment return vat return, management accounts and paye ect

I currently do my own books but would be interested in know ball park figures for getting it done.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Mark Blazey

Re: Bookkeeping and Accounting Fees
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 03:39:20 pm »
What to you use atm? I use Sage instant accounts.

It really depends on your accounts, how tidy, format you'd send to accountant, etc.

I used to input all my data onto excel spreadsheets, I took them to an accountant who kindly said he couldn't save me any money and if I found SA easy to continue to do it myself. He would have charged £300 to £500 but I'm not VAT registered.
I think you fill in returns quarterly?

Richard Cole

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 05:18:01 pm »
Hi use an Excel package at the moment pretty easy to use and everything is easy to transfer to SA at year end.

I've done my own accounting for years and started my career (20 years ago) as a trainee accountant but gave it up to rejoin the family business but learnt enough to do all my own accounts etc.

Just curious really as to how much i am saving and also looking into the possibility of setting up a book keeping service, as an add on to help me during the quite times of the year, offering final accounts and self-assessment returns for small businesses i.e. sole traders but as i have nearly always done my own accounting i have no idea of what others are charged.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Graeme Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 05:44:21 pm »
Chartered account was when I had a franchise 1200+VAT
Tax Assist (franchised nationwide offices) 600+VAT
Local lady who used to work for HMRC 200 no VAT

If you essentially are not likely to pay tax or not much do it yourself

Matt Gibson

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 07:17:54 pm »
I use VT cashbook to keep everything in order, then just send my guy the file at the end of the year. Pay £120 for return and all the to and fro with HMRC. Also pay £7 per PAYE run.

heritagecleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 08:16:17 pm »
£30 a quarter for vat returns and about £150 for the year end stuff.

Worth remembering a good accountant may save you more than he charges you  ;)