Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

g_griffin

Unger Ergo Tec Straps
« on: February 19, 2006, 01:11:47 pm »
Does anyone have any views on these ?

I`m considering getting some as my belt, pouches and various equipment can get quite heavy. I know I may look a bit of a  :-X  but if they make things easier then I can live with that  :-[.

Also, will I need the Unger belt to attach them to ?
 This might be a problem as my pouches wouldn`t fit on the Unger belt.

Is it worth getting nearly a whole new belt system for one item ?

Cheers,

Gerry.

Paul Coleman

Re: Unger Ergo Tec Straps
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 02:34:30 pm »
Does anyone have any views on these ?

I`m considering getting some as my belt, pouches and various equipment can get quite heavy. I know I may look a bit of a  :-X  but if they make things easier then I can live with that  :-[.

Also, will I need the Unger belt to attach them to ?
 This might be a problem as my pouches wouldn`t fit on the Unger belt.

Is it worth getting nearly a whole new belt system for one item ?

Cheers,

Gerry.

I think I know the things that you mean.  I had trouble fitting the Unger pouches on the Unger belt too.  I swithched to the grey pouches (also Unger I think) which do up with velcro rather than being stuck with a fixed belt loop size.  The only issue I've come across with the straps (if we're talking about the same things) is the platic clip where the the belt does up.  It can be prone to unclipping, leaving tools and pouches around your ankles.  It can be worse after liunch if the belly has swollen a bit  :)  .  I know one window cleaner who said he resolved this by turning it round and having the clip at the back.  I haven't used mine much lately since I switched over to WFP.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 02:58:42 pm »

I had trouble fitting the Unger pouches on the Unger belt too.  I swithched to the grey pouches (also Unger I think) which do up with velcro rather than being stuck with a fixed belt loop size. 
Where did you get the velcro pockets from ?

D woods

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 03:04:53 pm »
We have lods of the unger ergo straps and pouches half price at  ourshop
in essex

g_griffin

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 03:20:21 pm »
Thanks Shiner.

Gerry.

g_griffin

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 03:28:29 pm »
Could the plastic clips on the straps/braces fasten on to an ordinary belt- leather or webbing ?
  Or will they only fit the special things on the Unger belt ?

Gerry.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 03:38:57 pm »

I had trouble fitting the Unger pouches on the Unger belt too.  I swithched to the grey pouches (also Unger I think) which do up with velcro rather than being stuck with a fixed belt loop size. 
Where did you get the velcro pockets from ?

Jeff.  I'm not certain now as it was a while back but I think mine were from Soap National
 http://www.soapnational.co.uk/acatalog/Pockets_Plus.html  .  I think the velcro one is the top one - Unger Ergotech.  It ismarked as "NEW" but I bought mine in 2004 (assuming it's the same one.  I like these pouches because you are not stuck with a fixed belt loop size (which may be too small) and, although you might think otherwise, the velcro really works well and it never came undone on me.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 03:42:11 pm »
Could the plastic clips on the straps/braces fasten on to an ordinary belt- leather or webbing ?
  Or will they only fit the special things on the Unger belt ?

Gerry.

No.  They are an integral part of the supplied belt.  Personally, I found that using ordinary belts with pouches wasn't so good because they tend to stretch and therefore loosen - especially with the weight of bucket on a belt, a couple of scrims, applicator etc.  Many a day I ended up with a belt gradually working its way past my bum cheeks   ;D  Lucky it wasn't holding my trousers up I guess.

g_griffin

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 04:01:45 pm »
Thanks again Shiner.

It looks like I`ll have to get the belt and pouches as well as the straps then  ::). I have got a Winspray pouch though, which should fit the belt.
   I worked yesterday morning and as I finished I took my belt off as I was chatting to a customer. Stood there for a while holding the belt and eveything on it made me realise how heavy it is.  It can`t be good for your lower back.

I experimented with an old bungee, which felt ok but was too short,so I like the idea of the straps.

I know what you mean about your belt getting lower as the day goes on  ;D.

Gerry.