Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

What is you preferred vacuum cleaner for building cleans?
« on: February 15, 2006, 08:27:51 pm »
Could anyone advice on what vacuum cleaner to buy for picking up large quantities of dust & light debris during building cleans?

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Arthur

Ian Rochester

Re: What is you preferred vacuum cleaner for building cleans?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 08:36:30 pm »
Bog standard Henry every time, use it without a bag and it will pick up everything you want and more.

You can pick them up for about £80 +vat from Costco.  We've tried others but they don't tend to last the distance.

CMS

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 08:53:20 pm »
Bog standard Henry every time, use it without a bag and it will pick up everything you want and more.

You can pick them up for about £80 +vat from Costco.  We've tried others but they don't tend to last the distance.

I agree, but with the wider hose to prevent blockages.

50mm I think as opposed to the standard 38mm.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 09:29:47 pm »
i think this is the sort of thing you are thinking of....we use an older version of this for our biulders cleans plus a small henry

these are around £180

chris

Tim Downer

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 10:19:52 pm »
We use these two machines from Numatic.....

Grey NVP General vacuum and the much larger CT range vacuum....which has a larger hose, so as Karl above has said, does not get blocked up very easily, plus i find they have stronger motors - stronger suction.

Have tried to copy and paste pictures of the models....but unlike the post above, couldn't do it!!!! ??? >:( ??? >:( ;D

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 10:54:04 pm »
We use these two machines from Numatic.....

Grey NVP General vacuum and the much larger CT range vacuum....which has a larger hose, so as Karl above has said, does not get blocked up very easily, plus i find they have stronger motors - stronger suction.

Have tried to copy and paste pictures of the models....but unlike the post above, couldn't do it!!!! ??? >:( ??? >:( ;D

Tim

Tim,
Do you mean this model?

More info here
Thanks,
Kind regards,
Arthur

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 11:27:27 pm »

Tim

To upload an image you should use this or similiar website: http://photobucket.com/

Tim Downer

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 09:55:19 am »
Thank you Arthur....Yes, that is the model i meant for the larger vacuum. I will try the web site for future pictures

Thanks again

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"