Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mmmarvellous

How should I price blocks of flats?
« on: February 14, 2006, 09:22:09 pm »
Been running a domestic wfp system for 6 months on homes, now been approached by a property management company to clean a complex of 6 flats over 3 floors including ground floor, but I've never priced up a job like this before.  there are 364 upvc windows easy parking and access, job to be done quartely, what do you think I should charge, currently work on 60 per hour or should the quote be based on volume of windows? Based in SW London.   

williamx

Re: How should I price blocks of flats?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 09:40:46 pm »
Are you sure that their is 364 windows and only 6 flats? this work out to 60 windows per flat.

Philip Hanson

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 09:44:40 pm »
...to clean a complex of 6 flats over 3 floors including ground floor, but I've never priced up a job like this before.  there are 364 upvc windows e...

Very difficult to visualise, a picture says a thousand words.  Can you take a photo and post it for us to see?

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

mmmarvellous

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 09:21:52 pm »
There are a total of 68 flats over 6 blocks!  Didn't think of taking a picture, the complex was built in 1990's, no balconies at all! Block 1 &2 has 123 windows, block 3 & 4 have 73 each and then no 5 has 43 & no 6 block is 52 windows. 

The split is 126 double windows, 24 large single, 36 small single, 108 triple panels as one window, 10 large doubles, 48 bay windows of 4 panels and 12 half window doors!

All windows are UPVC and will need to use a 35ft poles as our 18ft is to short for comfort & ease!  Thanks for any ideas in advance!!