Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brynley

Re: Big mistake or what
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 04:28:37 pm »
my son has pancretitas, he has had 4 attacks since 2002, the first one left him in intensive care for 5 1/2 weeks and in hospital for 14 weeks, shut down most of his organs, he has a narrowed bile tube and calcium can form into a plug and block it, similar to gall stones  i have been told the pain is worse than child birth, some people can be set off just by eating a sherry trifle or any thing containing alcohol.

when my son was first taken into hospital, luckily he was living 200 yards away from the manchester royal infirmary,at  the time was the  best hospital in the country for treating pancreatitas, i'm just so glad he wasn't living locally when this happened.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 05:43:06 pm »
Last night, I dreamt I saw his ghost.

Was he drinking ???
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

paulben

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 07:47:32 pm »
brynley hope son is over it now .Have heard 2nd time around is worse. thanks for info about calcium as thats what I think triggered mine as in hard water area and those cheese slices .
point I wanted to make was get insurance wish I had
Do not steal the government hates competition

brynley

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 06:17:57 pm »
paulben, i hope you work out what you need to do so you don't suffer any more,

my son's  first time was the worse attack, all of the attacks have left him hospitalised, the second attack he went into local a&e and told them exactly what was wrong, it took them 7 hours of tests to confirm it, the third time he was on a plane  coming back from spain, he was met at the airport and taken straight to the nearest hospital.

have you been told to stop drinking alcohol, he has been told different things, i believe alcohol also contains calcium ? also  each time he has to have a fat free diet for 6 months.

paulben

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 03:03:14 pm »
yes been told no alcohol ( alchohol free wine has alcohol in so on schloer)but can eat what I like but spicy food plays me up at mo .only thing holding me back from working is drain that I have had since sept

WinTech

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 03:57:21 pm »
Medical/accident cover is not a tax deductable expence so I have learnt!

brynley

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 04:00:21 pm »
my son has been told so many different things like, never be able to drink again, another doctor told him if he hadn't had an attack in 2 years, another said wait 6 months, i think every sufferer must be different, my mate had pancetitas caused by gall stones at the same time as my son he is on morphine patches and can't work because of the pain, i know of someone who died with it who was tetotal.

i suppose my son is lucky as he could have died the first time, but he is fairly fit, plays football, full time job as a teacher, he thinks he knows his body, so still has a drink, just has to watch how much, touch wood it continues like that.  

paulben

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 04:46:22 pm »
glad to hear he is ok .I know someone who had it through gall stones within a couple of months as fit as before. I am going to stay teetotal not worth the risk at least stay in hospital got me off fAgs hope your son stays fit