Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy

Sculptured pile
« on: January 27, 2013, 01:48:45 pm »
 Hi

I am looking for some guidance for any problems I may encounter when cleaning a sculptured carpet.  Is there anything I need to be aware of?   

Thanks

Andy

The TACCA Scrutineer

Re: Sculptured pile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 01:51:29 pm »

The sculpture design is not the problem, it's what the fibres are made of may be the problem??

james roffey

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 04:11:59 pm »
And the backing, some latex backings expand causing them to ripple.

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 06:51:08 pm »

Only if the carpet wasn't fitted (stretched) properly in the first place on the grips.

All cut and loops (I think this is what he means when he says sculptured) are tufted and are man made.

Fitted correctly they wont cause any problems.

I had one 'ripple' on me 3 weeks ago, and I mean not just ripple it was more like waves in the sea. I couldn't believe

it when I returned 4 days later  :o  I had to take the lounge and hallway carpets up at the edges, re-stretch on and

cut about 3 to 4 inches off  :o

Paul Moss

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 07:20:08 pm »

Only if the carpet wasn't fitted (stretched) properly in the first place on the grips.

All cut and loops (I think this is what he means when he says sculptured) are tufted and are man made.

Fitted correctly they wont cause any problems.

I had one 'ripple' on me 3 weeks ago, and I mean not just ripple it was more like waves in the sea. I couldn't believe

it when I returned 4 days later  :o  I had to take the lounge and hallway carpets up at the edges, re-stretch on and

cut about 3 to 4 inches off  :o

Andrew have you been doing this job long ?

james roffey

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 01:36:09 pm »
Paul

Apparently 27 years.

I thought carpet rippled because the backing expanded due to moisture, but went back to it's original state after drying.
The last carpet i had ripple looked perfectly well fitted to me.

But i have only been carpet cleaning for 4 years

Andy

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 07:58:59 pm »
Thanks guys for the replies; much appreciated. 

Mark_Jubb

Re: Sculptured pile New
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 10:51:06 pm »

I thought carpet rippled because the backing expanded due to moisture, but went back to it's original state after drying.
The last carpet i had ripple looked perfectly well fitted to me.
I would agree with you there James.
Had one go a treat a few weeks ago, but I had fortunately warned the customer what would happen to this carpet once I cleaned it. Having been warned, he was quite happy to allow it to return to normal once it had dried.
A carpet that is still badly rippled 4 days after cleaning, the problem is something more serious.
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

dan paton

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 02:12:39 am »
too much persil  , maybe  use daz instead  ;D ;D