Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davids3511

Re: Battery expert needed
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 07:31:36 pm »
That sounds good then!
Yeah, result. Though I was going to have to bring the battery back.

R.C Property

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 07:40:40 pm »
Let's hope it stays good!!

Tom White

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 08:00:57 pm »
I had all these problems and also shortened all my wires.  In the end I bought another leisure battery, and that worked okay for a short while and then I had the run about again.

Then my flow controller packed up and I have worked ever since without it and I still use my original battery and it easily pumps 1000 litres before I charge it again.

Flow controllers are too temperamental and are over-engineers pieces of rubbish which messes us about, cause stress and cost us money.

Well, that's been my experience of them.  There's cheaper and simpler controllers on the market; I'd advise people to go for those.

Pokerpest

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 11:18:39 pm »
Firstly when checking the voltage it would give you a more accurate reading if you checked it at the end furthest from the battery so you can see the voltage your equipment is getting i mean its ok to say your batters is providing 12.5 v but if your equipment is only getting 10.5v then there is an obvious problem.

Voltage drop along your cable run could potentially be the source of your problem an this can simply be rectified by shortening your cable or increasing the cross sectional area (getting thicker cable).

Then again the fault may lie in the battery itself even if it is new the battery could have a dead cell which whilst connected to a simple voltmeter will show the battery as healthy and almost full charged but in reality under load conditions the battery fail. In order to check if your battery is the cause you could have it load tested (some garages will have a battery load tester) or while your problem is occurring connect your voltmeter to the battery then turn on the equipment and if for example you had 12.5 volts but when you turn on your equipment it drops to 9v then it is the battery if not look elsewhere.

First post please be nice.

ben M

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 11:39:23 pm »
I had all these problems and also shortened all my wires.  In the end I bought another leisure battery, and that worked okay for a short while and then I had the run about again.

Then my flow controller packed up and I have worked ever since without it and I still use my original battery and it easily pumps 1000 litres before I charge it again.

Flow controllers are too temperamental and are over-engineers pieces of rubbish which messes us about, cause stress and cost us money.

Well, that's been my experience of them.  There's cheaper and simpler controllers on the market; I'd advise people to go for those.
totally agree

R.C Property

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 11:41:03 pm »

totally agree

How's yours going?