Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: k F C,Greggs,carphone W/h,Subway dont bother
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 11:51:56 pm »
Winpro

I am down the bottom of the chain on a lot of it,

I also pass on the full price to a lot of my sub work, just so I can clean my share, eg I have to take 100 stores, I clean half myself and sub out the other half at full price, but I get the privilidge of cleaning 50 myself.

People don't realize, that not every shop is £5.00, some chains are quite generous, and stack them all up in a row, and bingo, not forgetting when they want extras quoting High level etc, I clean some £5 er's but can make £500 on high level on the same store, when it comes around.

Most stores want a cheap weekly price, ie £5.00, but don't bat an eyelid when you quote them £800 for a gutter clean, or £300 to pressure wash the front of the shop, or when put 4 guys on an allnighter to clean glass displays, etc. the numbers can rack up quite fast if you are clever

I think you're forgetting that the vast majority of people don't have 7 vans or get offered 100 shops at a time, or have subbies dotted all over the country.

Your point is taken but isn't really valid to what is being discussed in "general" terms.

The shops/stores I have been offered have ALL been for what I consider peanuts. I would want at least 30 all in a row to even consider it.

High end domestic & private commercial is much more lucrative & stable for the average small trader IMO.

Our local Mcdonalds gets done in & out for £20! covered in greasy fingerprints etc. Takes the guy almost an hour & he has to do it about 5.30am. I would spend 20/25 minutes on a domestic at the time of MY choosing for the same price.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 12:08:02 am »
I am not forgetting that I had just one clapped out estate car 6 years ago.

Also not every shop is £5.00 or a £20 MacDonalds

Most Shop window cleaners do get offered loads of shops, but most don't want to take on 100 at a time, its down to personal choice.

a lot guys get offered the peanut stores, then go on to take over the High St.

I started on £3.00 houses, every one has to start somewhere, you can't just jump straight in to the Higher end of the street, you have to start somewhere, In it to Win it so to speak.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 12:11:30 am »
Winpro

I am down the bottom of the chain on a lot of it,

I also pass on the full price to a lot of my sub work, just so I can clean my share, eg I have to take 100 stores, I clean half myself and sub out the other half at full price, but I get the privilidge of cleaning 50 myself.

People don't realize, that not every shop is £5.00, some chains are quite generous, and stack them all up in a row, and bingo, not forgetting when they want extras quoting High level etc, I clean some £5 er's but can make £500 on high level on the same store, when it comes around.

Most stores want a cheap weekly price, ie £5.00, but don't bat an eyelid when you quote them £800 for a gutter clean, or £300 to pressure wash the front of the shop, or when put 4 guys on an allnighter to clean glass displays, etc. the numbers can rack up quite fast if you are clever

I think you're forgetting that the vast majority of people don't have 7 vans or get offered 100 shops at a time, or have subbies dotted all over the country.

Your point is taken but isn't really valid to what is being discussed in "general" terms.

The shops/stores I have been offered have ALL been for what I consider peanuts. I would want at least 30 all in a row to even consider it.

High end domestic & private commercial is much more lucrative & stable for the average small trader IMO.

Our local Mcdonalds gets done in & out for £20! covered in greasy fingerprints etc. Takes the guy almost an hour & he has to do it about 5.30am. I would spend 20/25 minutes on a domestic at the time of MY choosing for the same price.

well put , i aint the best with words but thats basically what im trying to say,!

dave im sure you see the angel we are going at
the way you do it is another level :D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 12:14:15 am »
My first steps into Retail was Safeway Supermarkets £8.00 in and out believe it or not..

Anyone here remember them at £8.00 Lol, can't just of been me doing them at that price

Now they made Greggs look like the golden nuggets

Crystal-clear

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 01:55:31 am »
amazing success story dave 6 years isnt a long time considering what you have achieved

sounds like an intresting story!
when is your book coming out im sure all 20,000 users will buy a copy  that revenue should compensate for any potential new competition learnt from it;D

supernova77

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 08:08:37 am »
The problem is there are window cleaners out there that will do them for the silly low prices!

Andy

robbo333

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2012, 01:14:13 pm »
A real difference of opinions it seems.
I guess the plan is to get the best out of what you've got and don't worry about what the others have got.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

stevieg

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 01:16:10 pm »
Or not,in my case!

concept

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 01:32:00 pm »
I thought kfc cleaned their own windows anyway?
no I do  :P

Licking the remains of the food the kids have thrown at the window cos you're too tight to buy lunch, does not constitute window cleaning.

Rob Knapman

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2012, 03:58:56 pm »
Nice to have a few on your doorstep I suppose, but when you have to start going from town to town just to get a few quid per clean and then waiting for 28 days payment.... ::)
Knapman Cleaning services, washing glass since 1945

Mike_G

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012, 04:44:44 pm »
what a load of drivle
differance is when i pull into town centre
i clean most of it !!!
and at some point will be cleaning all off it !!!!
pays on time every month
its all weather work . best thing a lot of you can do is stick
to your supposed minimum charge of £10 domestics,
go do em in the pouring rain see if they pay!!!
though to be honest 90% on here cant even trad,!!!
so to call yourselfs window cleaners is quite a joke to be honest
blah blah blah  ;) dreamers and pie in the skyers
most to busy typing on ere than cleaning windows

Most of what you say here is spot on, but the 90% that cant trad is probably wrong, its more than that! Seriously though I have seen many of these national contracts carried out by guys who cant trad either, its pathetic really they wfp the outs then make a right bodge of the insides by using a microfibre and spray or just by going straight across with a squeegee then wiping the mess up with a microfibre, hardly professional.

Personally I enjoy doing shops, it means I can earn in all weathers and I can be earning plenty before I do any houses.

Ian101

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012, 06:01:38 pm »
Just for the fun of it Im going to canvass every shop I see between now and end of January.

Will avoid Greggs as I know theyre national and all done by Mr Camm around my areas. ;D

You never know .... even if I only get a handful at a fiver a pop each week still worth geting up early 1 day a week to do them.