Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

And you wonder why I hate letting agents
« on: December 17, 2012, 05:18:11 pm »
Just what are these people on?
Has theft just been legalised?

I've just had a customer phone up saying the letting agents (Romans) is withholding their deposit based on
1> It wasn't a professional carpet clean because there weren't any wands marks in the carpet :o
2> The living room carpet has different shades on it :o (yes that'll be pile reversal as per our report.
3> The customer wouldn't tell them how much they had paid >:(

I've just had a right ding dong down the phone with one of Romans suited warriors, who's been told they haven't got a clue what they are talking about.

I'm waiting for his grown up to phone me now.

And now perhaps you'll understand why I won't work directly for these muppets.

John Kelly

Re: And you wonder why I hate letting agents
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 05:31:33 pm »
Neil its not just them the whole bloody worlds gone to pot. I'm sick of ringing suppliers and the person I need to speak to isn't available but they'll ring you back............................never (prochem, chemspec, craftex excepted). Bloody Yanks are the worst, customer service? doesn't exist in that place what a bunch of numpties. I'm trying to spend thousands with them and its like I was try to get through to the white house. Brain dead the lot of them.

wynne jones

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 05:35:04 pm »
I won't deal with them either. Liars, crooks and oxygen thieves. Every time I gave one the benefit of the doubt, they proved my sweeping generalisations about them true.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:15:27 pm »

Am I just fortunate ?

I do work for 2 agents, always accept my price, always accept the predicted out come after survey, and one pays  as soon as receives invoice the other at end of the month, having said that their are a number in my area who i would be very cautious off.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

wynne jones

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 07:29:36 pm »

Am I just fortunate ?

I do work for 2 agents, always accept my price, always accept the predicted out come after survey, and one pays  as soon as receives invoice the other at end of the month, having said that their are a number in my area who i would be very cautious off.

Geoff

That's good Geoff.  :)
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 07:45:21 pm »
Never ever had a problem with the ones I deal with (preferred list) however did have a problem with two (not on there list) didn’t they eat humble pie in front of the beak
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 08:45:59 pm »
didn’t they eat humble pie in front of the beak

And that's what I'll be threatening Romans with tomorrow, pay back the money due or else I'll be backing the tenant fully with court action.
I'll happily take a half day out of work (1) for principle and (2) I'll advertise it as we have fought and beaten the letting agent in court before to get the deposit back

Have you ever heard anything so fooking stupid before as it couldn't have been professionally cleaned because there's no wand marks which part forms the reasoning behind witholding the deposit :o

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 09:34:14 pm »
Never ceases to amaze me how many non carpet cleaners are self appointed experts on carpet cleaning. It also pee's me off when a customer calls and one of the first things they ask is what method do you use or how do you clean the carpets, you wouldn't ask a mechanic how he fixed your car would you! With regards to letting agents, i don't target them any more, not worth the hassle, but if they call and are happy with my price, which is not often as i don't discount for them anymore then i will do the job on condition that it's payment on completion.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Les

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 07:22:04 am »
I don't use a wand when carpet cleaning....so I'm Fu*#ed !!  ;)

Paul W Jones

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 11:13:16 am »
I did some work for a national chain for about two years.  Everything was fine for a while but then it started to break down.  Payments slowed down, I'd turn up to collect keys which weren't there, turn up to do a job and meter would be out of credit etc, etc,.  Final straw was when they withheld payment from a job because another job I'd done NINE months earlier allegedly had some marks they weren't happy with!  Eventually got paid and turned down future quote requests. 

The Great One

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 06:00:42 pm »
Just what are these people on?
Has theft just been legalised?

I've just had a customer phone up saying the letting agents (Romans) is withholding their deposit based on
1> It wasn't a professional carpet clean because there weren't any wands marks in the carpet :o
2> The living room carpet has different shades on it :o (yes that'll be pile reversal as per our report.
3> The customer wouldn't tell them how much they had paid >:(

I've just had a right ding dong down the phone with one of Romans suited warriors, who's been told they haven't got a clue what they are talking about.

I'm waiting for his grown up to phone me now.

And now perhaps you'll understand why I won't work directly for these muppets.

Think I can do better than that...

Did a job a year ago for an LA, replaced a toilet seat. The landlady who was never going to use the thing didn't like it as it has a shell lid, so i said I would go back, replace it, for free (the seat was new, hadn't been used so I could use elsewhere) I tried to get in for 10 days to replace it, but there was never a 'good time'.

Fast forward 1 year, got a call from the same LA, who hadn't used me for almost a year and asked if I would go in and change the seat as the tenants had now left, so I went and changed it, put an invoice in...

Get an email saying they were confused as to why I invoiced for the new seat as I said I would do it for free!!!

Are you kidding me? You want to use the thing for a year, damage it etc and then want a new one for free, needless to say I do no more work for that LA.

Martin 8)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 07:30:55 pm »
I recently done some work for a new letting agent (new to me) First job was fine, paid on time.
Then did two jobs for them in the same week, total invoice £220. They paid me £198 two months later.

I sent them another invoice asking for the remaing balance (princable) of £22 but I got an email saying that I agreed on being charged 10%! Did I f**k! I told them so much in an email reply. Needless to say I wont be working for them again.

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 07:54:35 pm »
I think I’ve got it right and don’t they love me!!!! And pay me (no discount they add it to there bill)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 07:58:18 pm »
The witch put the phone down on me. >:(
After I'd finally cornered her and got her to answer the phone all she would say was that it was an issue between me and the tenant. When I upped the anti with who do your inventory people think they are with reference to carpets when they have no qualifications to pass judgement, she said "I'm not talking to you anymore" and put the phone down >:( >:( >:(
The inventory people have received an e-mail demanding an explanantion as they have made a documented libelous statement...... that was 4 hours ago.... no reply yet.
I can see all this ending up in court.

Guess I won't be getting any invites to carry out any work now for Romans ;D

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 09:35:32 pm »
I must be dead lucky- the two agents I do a lot of work for pay on time, do not argue the price and play ball generally.
I in return occasionally do a rush job for them
One has even put my charges up as they think I don't charge enough. They were investigating other cleaners as I said I may be finishing.
I am not yet as I have to pay for an extended trip to the States next year.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.