Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

where to put the di
« on: December 09, 2012, 07:38:05 am »
at the moment i fill the tank up throgh the di . but am thinking in the winter when i fill up wiyh hot it would be more cost effectiv to put my di bottles after the tank .that way i can drain my tank of any unused water every night and am not wasting pure water . my question is wher does the di go . is it after the pump or before .  cheers barry .

gto

Re: where to put the di
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:09:13 am »
after the pump

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:39:52 am »
at the moment i fill the tank up throgh the di . but am thinking in the winter when i fill up wiyh hot it would be more cost effectiv to put my di bottles after the tank .that way i can drain my tank of any unused water every night and am not wasting pure water . my question is wher does the di go . is it after the pump or before .  cheers barry .

You can put the DI before or after the pump as both ways work. However, I usually recommend having it before the pump as this balances the pump's workload.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 11:40:33 am »
thanks for the replies .looks like i will put one bottle before the pump and one after it ;D wheres wimpo thought he was an expert on this ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 11:55:59 am »
Always thought after the pump
Myself
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

DG Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 01:58:24 pm »
After the pump, the suction side of the pump needs to be as free flowing as possible so its constantly primed. When the tank level is low if the di is before the pump then water will need to be sucked up out of the tank then through the di which isn't ideal. The pump will probably do it but its best avoided.

firefly123

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 02:03:50 pm »
after pump
shiney one