Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wpclean

Nobody talks anymore !
« on: November 21, 2012, 11:32:31 am »
Finding a lot of people now either email, or text requesting a quote . . . . in fact we have some customers who we have never seen or actually spoken to !       I liked it better when you could communicate one on one  ???

Ian101

Re: Nobody talks anymore !
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 11:52:40 am »
Finding a lot of people now either email, or text requesting a quote . . . . in fact we have some customers who we have never seen or actually spoken to !       I liked it better when you could communicate one on one  ???

I have some customers who i have never seen in 3 years

leaflet drop
quote thru letterbox
text to say ok
clean
paid by post or bank transfer

Tom White

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 12:00:36 pm »
Same here.  They're my favourite customers.

I've one in New Zealand I've never met; I suspected he was after a one-off to sell his property while he's living overseas, so I charged £30 for 10 minutes work.

I've done it for nearly two years now.  He likes me to give him an update on how the property looks, that his tenants are keeping it tidy, and he pays me within 24 hours by bank transfer.  He gave me a £30 tip on top of the £30 payment last Christmas too.

I've never met the guy; all done by e-mail and bank transfer, but he's a favourite customer.

landy2

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 12:12:47 pm »
yes this has come very offen for me , just wondering how they are going to give me my christmas tip  ;D ;D ;D

steve rix

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 12:18:03 pm »
Thats cos they are spending too much time on here arguing about health and safety ;D

jk999

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 12:21:54 pm »
tosh he would be one off my favourite customers at £30 a clean plus £30 tip a Christmas lol  ;D

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 12:26:15 pm »

I've one in New Zealand I've never met; I suspected he was after a one-off to sell his property while he's living overseas, so I charged £30 for 10 minutes work.

I've done it for nearly two years now.  He likes me to give him an update on how the property looks, that his tenants are keeping it tidy, and he pays me within 24 hours by bank transfer.  He gave me a £30 tip on top of the £30 payment last Christmas too.

I've never met the guy; all done by e-mail and bank transfer, but he's a favourite customer.

So what you are saying is that you are actually a detective and investigator using window cleaning as a cover.  ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

George P

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 12:38:16 pm »
Thats cos they are spending too much time on here arguing about health and safety ;D

;D ;D

Richard60

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 08:35:02 pm »
is it a cliff richard song

lee_dewing

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 08:45:27 pm »
I have a few that use to make a tea and make a little chat (not too much)

But now they pay via internet, i don't even get a wave through the window :'(

Funny people are so glad to have a window cleaner but the novelty wears off :(
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Dani J

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 09:16:17 pm »
yes this has come very offen for me , just wondering how they are going to give me my christmas tip  ;D ;D ;D

Via Bank Transfer  ;D ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 09:42:38 pm »

lol, i need some like that tosh  ;D

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 01:55:55 am »
I have an old lady on my round who I haven't seen or spoken to for 3 months now.  She owes me for 3 cleans too!  Laughs on her though as I've been pinching the odd pint of milk to compensate every time Ipass her house, she won't notice as there's loads of it stacked up.

paul13

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 10:31:37 am »
I have an old lady on my round who I haven't seen or spoken to for 3 months now.  She owes me for 3 cleans too!  Laughs on her though as I've been pinching the odd pint of milk to compensate every time Ipass her house, she won't notice as there's loads of it stacked up.

I'm assuming that's a joke.
I hope

PoleKing

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 11:59:39 pm »
I've got loads I've never met.
My favourite ones!
You can be quick without having to worry that they'll calculate your 'hourly rate'
Had that a few times this week.

www.laneswindowcleaning.com
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.