Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CF Facilities

poor pressure!
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:48:16 pm »
Hi all. I am new to wfp and have a streamline ro. I have a bad combination of high tds and poor mains pressure so my output is barely a trickle but loads of water goes to waste. On reading the forum I decided to buy a pump. I have fitted but it is no better. I have 2 bar whether the pump is on or off. When I switch it on the pump vibrates so it appears to be working but no increase in output. Is it a faulty pump or have I missed something here?

Don Kee

Re: poor pressure!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:54:43 pm »
Were on your r.o hsve you fitted the booster pump??
Whats the psi of the booster??
Also this is going to sound patronising but have you made sure the inlet and outlet are the right way around??
I made that mistake when i first fitted mine :s

king marko

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 05:56:52 pm »
Sounds like you haven't got the waste set correctly?

Not familiar with streamline setup but if you have lots of waste & little product - and you haven't messed about with any filters/fittings? It must be regulator set for too much waste - I'm assuming you have prefilters, RO & di ?

Sorry I can't be much more help   :)

CF Facilities

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 06:10:10 pm »
Hi the pump is rated max 125psi 1.2lpm. I've checked the arrows on top and have it the right way round.  I fitted  it just before the main inlet of the ro. I am not sure how to adjust the waste I thought it was factory set!

Don Kee

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 06:15:06 pm »
To be honest i was always told fit the booster inbtween the filters and membranes but dont think that would effect pressure. Have you shut off the flush valve/tap??

andyM

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 06:33:46 pm »
To be honest i was always told fit the booster inbtween the filters and membranes but dont think that would effect pressure. Have you shut off the flush valve/tap??

Yes my booster pump is fitted after pre-filters and before membranes.
I would of thought that if it were before the pre-filters the membranes would not receive the full benefit of pressure from the pump.
One of the Plebs

matthewprice

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 06:52:14 pm »
i have an ionic system and the booster pump was put after mains tap but before any filters

king marko

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 06:53:25 pm »
Hi the pump is rated max 125psi 1.2lpm. I've checked the arrows on top and have it the right way round.  I fitted  it just before the main inlet of the ro. I am not sure how to adjust the waste I thought it was factory set!

How do you flush your RO? My static system from pure freedom has a gate valve that I turn anti clockwise to full waste to flush, clockwise back to preset waste % - think its about 60/40

Don Kee

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 07:39:19 pm »
Would agree that it may not feel the full benefit but would gave thought some benefit. definatley not for it to be the same with or without the booster.....
Id check your flush valve mate, maybe check your tds aswell if your unsure about were your flush is, as when on flysh your tds tends to be higher.

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 07:49:40 pm »
I think your pumps flow rate at 1.2 liters a min is  not enough.I was told the liter per min should not exceed 12 liters a min on on a house hold taps as it will collapse the copper pipes  but 1.2 is to low to have a impact on your production. Try to confirm this with a supplier like Gapps water. THE PSI SOUND RIGHT.Make sure your pump is a proper booster pump.

CF Facilities

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 08:31:34 pm »
I think you may be right there. I'll go back to supplier and check it. Thanks.