Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Blades

PIC SEALING
« on: September 04, 2012, 06:32:50 pm »
CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD SEALER AND WHAT DO YOU GUYS CHARGE PER M2? I'VE GOT 120M2 TO PRICE.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANKS

SIMON

rb4no

Re: PIC SEALING
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:43:44 pm »
Presently using smartseal.co.uk , call them for trade pricing. Others use Resiblock.com.  I've just priced a block paving driveway tonight, I'll need to clean, resand and then apply two coats of sealant which works out at 7 quid a m2 although you can get upto 8 quid or more if your lucky. I'm pricing good as there's potential to do loads more and want the work!

Simon Blades

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 08:49:23 pm »
Thanks rb4no! I'm guessing your charging £2 m2 for clean and sand then £5 m2 for sealing?

Blast Away

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:11:15 pm »
In a few years time you'll get like a few of us on here and think 'why even bother' and jack in sealing.

Looks good when completed but doesn't last. You can use the best names like Resiblock and it'll still be shiite in a few months, then you'll have the possibility of the customer calling you to sort it.

mike roberts

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:47 pm »
In a few years time you'll get like a few of us on here and think 'why even bother' and jack in sealing.

Looks good when completed but doesn't last. You can use the best names like Resiblock and it'll still be shiite in a few months, then you'll have the possibility of the customer calling you to sort it.

LIKE ;D ;D

rb4no

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:28:09 pm »
my price is more or less that. what you always need to inform the client is that at the end of the day a surface will alway's look dirty if indeed it is dirty!!! i.e. just because you've cleaned and resealed it doesn't mean it won't get dirty, it's like saying, just because i use the most expensive soap known to mankind that it will continue to keep me clean even when i'm neck deep in mud!!!! however, just like a protective moisturiser your missus uses it protects her delicate features from long term damage in a way that's how sealant is meant to work. Just like anything they need to keep on top of cleaning with something like a fungicidal wash a couple of times a year and not let dirt / mud and other detritus build up on top of the sealed surface which in turn will harbour moss, algae and weed growth!!

if for example a surface has dips and troughs then this will encourage pooling when it rains and in turn leave sandy dirty deposits which in not a very too short period of time will encourage algae and moss growth, from then on you get weeds etc etc..  you just need to sweep and wash every now and again!!!! That's what i say anyway!!

mike roberts

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 04:27:57 pm »
my price is more or less that. what you always need to inform the client is that at the end of the day a surface will alway's look dirty if indeed it is dirty!!! i.e. just because you've cleaned and resealed it doesn't mean it won't get dirty, it's like saying, just because i use the most expensive soap known to mankind that it will continue to keep me clean even when i'm neck deep in mud!!!! however, just like a protective moisturiser your missus uses it protects her delicate features from long term damage in a way that's how sealant is meant to work. Just like anything they need to keep on top of cleaning with something like a fungicidal wash a couple of times a year and not let dirt / mud and other detritus build up on top of the sealed surface which in turn will harbour moss, algae and weed growth!!

if for example a surface has dips and troughs then this will encourage pooling when it rains and in turn leave sandy dirty deposits which in not a very too short period of time will encourage algae and moss growth, from then on you get weeds etc etc..  you just need to sweep and wash every now and again!!!! That's what i say anyway!!

Sounds like smart seal spiel the training obviously paid off  :P

If it is PIC no choice has to be sealed to protect stain /conc - problem is there are lots of different seals on the market.. some of the new water based products react with solvent to suggest they are solvent based (when you carry out test areas using xylene). If you are unfortunate enough to apply solvent based onto water base over time seal delams or looks like it has mositure in it  :( Its then down to you to sort problem which becomes expensive.
This year has been sh*te for sealing due to the weather! At times it has been hard enough just to re sand.
With block paving we have had a job which was bone dry (last year) left it over a wk between wash seal - sealed using Pics seal (same as smart) customer rang 2 wks later as it had turned white. We went back re cut it locally looked fine 2 weeks later same thing happened. Technical guy from Pics viewed job (I know him well) no explanation could not find problem - That job alone cost us over £500.
What I am trying to point out is sealing can be profitable but due to weather / problems it can bite you in the arse - Is it really worth it in the long run  ??? ??? Thats for individuals to decide personally we no longer offer this service.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 05:49:26 pm »
I just tell customer that its cheaper to get me back every year than it is to seal it. its still gonna get dirty even if sealed and still gonna need cleaned again even if sealed.

Simon Blades

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 06:25:01 pm »
Doesn't pattern imprinted concrete need to be sealed? I thought it did otherwise it will start to detoriate?

Blast Away

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 07:31:26 pm »
FOR SALE:

drivesealing.co.uk

drivewaysealing.co.uk

Open to offers.  :)

Kenny83

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 12:16:27 am »
FOR SALE:

drivesealing.co.uk

drivewaysealing.co.uk

Open to offers.  :)

you got a price in mind lee?
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Blast Away

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 06:29:49 pm »
You should have mentioned on phone today. I've never transferred a domain but I understand there will be a fee. Whatever mate.

Also got a PIC drive that needs a clean and seal near my mams. If you can have a look at it when you pick your doe up.