Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mike roberts

B & Q sand
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:14:02 pm »
Not sure if you guys and girls saw the post in the other section

It appears that some of B & Q sand is contaminated with cement, just a warning assume most purchase from yards so not a problem...
If any one else comes across this please post as it may help current / potential customers

cheers Mike

Kenny83

Re: B & Q sand
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:44:28 pm »
Thanks for the heads up mike, I tend to use my local merchant but sometimes B and Q is convienient like on a sunday, etc.  ;)
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:23:38 pm »
My local B&Q keep the dried sand outside so you have to dig to find dry stuff - I use buildbase who not only keep it dry but sponser a speedway team. Spent most of the day sweeping sand in because it was the first dry day for about 2 years  :'(

Blast Away

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 11:24:43 pm »
We should co-ordinate synchronised complaints to B&Q stating our opinions on the quality of the sand, they'll soon start thinking of bringing back the previous suppliers sand.

This current shiite stinks of a back hander from Lafarge though amongst the suits, it's how it works.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:05:51 am »
And these are the reasons I don't buy from the big sheds.
I use Build Centre (now Jewsons) as they all keep KDS inside so dry and the colour stays constant.
If you set-up an account you can get a better rate.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 11:23:34 am »
Yeah the b and q stuff is rubbish. jewsons is nice stuff. the jewsons near me does different colours too. the lafarge  stuff leaves a big dust patch wherever you pour it out. big stones in it 

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 12:52:58 pm »
sand was contaminated around the blackpool area we were asked to price for correcting from bnq.

we use builders supplies.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

drive surgeon

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 06:51:59 pm »
yeah the new stuff in a yellow vacuum pack is poope. its like a dusty stuff. it plooms in the air when brushing in and stays on the blocks like portland cement dust. the old stuff was the best. i used to pay 4 quid a bag there but now i have a deal with beers and they supply it for 2 quid to me. saving me a fortune. b and q is a rip off for everything

Blast Away

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 05:21:21 pm »
Took Rogers advice last week and opened a Travis Perkins. £3.30 a bag.

Richy L

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 02:51:45 pm »
Took Rogers advice last week and opened a Travis Perkins. £3.30 a bag.

I always use travis. They have a nice light yellow sand.
You can negotiate to get a better rate as well!

AC Pressure

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 10:21:28 pm »
If you have a Selco merchant close by their sand is fine at £2.30 plus vat per bag