Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kenny83

Best oil remover for block paving, pattern concrete etc?
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:44:48 pm »
as title says, looking for opinions on the best oil remover in your experience, heard a few people mention jizer and emulsifying solvent based degreasers, I personally have never used them, I have used swarfega oil and grease remover with good results in the past, although the oil reappeared after a week or so, also used your usual TFR, gunk driveway cleaner, no nonsence driveway cleaner with not really good results....
Any body recommend a really good one?
thanks
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Matt Gibson

Re: Best oil remover for block paving, pattern concrete etc?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:48:36 pm »
I use something called ot8

http://www.oiltechnics.co.uk/Oil_Stains/BlockDrives/OT8.html

Good gear. stubborn old stains take a seco d or third go but usually does the trick.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:00:53 pm »
If it is engine oil, then these days I use Resiblock OR and then followup with the OT8, The OR needs to go on dry, then if it still looks like then is a chance of the stain being there I use the OT8 as it can go on a wet surface. If it is a thiner oil, IE Olive oil etc then something different is needed.

Kenny83

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:09:20 pm »
yes I have seen resiblock OR roger but i was under the impression it may be something else like jizer with a resiblock sticker on?
I've heard of OT8 before guys, seems good.
What would you use if it was something like olive oil roger?
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Roger Oakley

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 10:12:28 pm »
It's a poultice that we use, if you want to give me a call tomorrow I'll talk you through the process, mobile number is best.