Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DJC Clean

Water Fed Help !!!!!!
« on: July 21, 2012, 03:45:08 pm »
Hi guys thinking of takin the plunge finally and need a little help. Have WC for 8 year all traditional and have always shyed away from water fed but think could be the time to change and upscale business. Lots of 3 storey buildings etc !!!!

Just wondering wheres best to buy systems or would u build yourselves, wanting to use people who have made msitakes before and hope i dont make the same.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Regards

Dave

Banbury Window Cleaning

Re: Water Fed Help !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 05:46:06 pm »
I used purefreedom for
My 2 man set up!! Very cost effective and easy to diy install. Deffo get clx pole tho as the pole that came with my system was heavy as fook!! Millions of posts on here about suppliers so just get searching as ask away!!
Do you need RO or just DI? Will you have a static system or all in the van??
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

DJC Clean

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 06:01:56 pm »
Am thinking all in van let it fill on a night. As far as Filters not got a clue to be honest am yet to get my head around wot exactly i need ?????  Any help appreciated :)

dmlservices

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 07:50:11 pm »
Better to have a static system, if you have the Ro in van , you will need one that will produce the water you need over night , then you've also got the van tied up over night, all I have in van is pump, varistream , battery , 500 ltr tank ,
Have a 200gpd Ro filling a 1000 ltr ibc container , have never run out of water , and even turn it of for a few  days, also I can part fill my van tank if needed , where as if it's van , you will always have to carry a full tank of water

Daz

Banbury Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 08:47:20 pm »
a static system is better imo
having it all in the van is a pain in the ars*
what part of the country are you and do you know your tap tds?

Rich
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

DJC Clean

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 10:09:58 pm »
Am in Barnsley Yorkshire and not a clue about water !!!! sorry a complete nembie.  Having a static system sounds the the better way to go :) wot to you do about getting water into your van tank ??? gravity with hightank or pump and how long does it take ???

Mike55

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:26:18 pm »
Dave,

First thing to do is back search all the info you are after on this website as all your answers will be there.  Spend some good time doing this research as will save you potential headaches if you try to muddle through without researching.

To answer your last question, a submersible pump which you put in your static tank - run a hose from there to your van tank or barrels.

Doesn't take long to transfer the water but this will depend on the power of the pump, the size (diameter) of the hose and the distance from your static to your van tank or barrels.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 01:37:53 pm »
djc where in barnsley are you i can help you out if you want ?
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 03:38:03 pm »
as everyone on here has said before is a static system is by far the best, what you need to buy, is, a ibc tank or something to do your water in at home , a dirty water transfer pump (i paid 30 from argos and have had the pump for a year) an ro system, realistically 300 or mop gallons per day, a di vessel (polishing unit) - in the van you will need, a tank a pump 60-100psi a hose real, 100meters of micro/minibore and connectors lots use ez snap (rectus 21) i prefer rectus 25, oh a little strainer between the pump/tank is good as well, and for poles, you should go for clx to start off with 25 foot will reach most things and most three story however if you can afford it an slx would be better

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »
first mate get a tds meter and see how hard your water is!!if its under a 100 you could do away with the faffing of an RO and just go DI only.a lot simpler and quicker to purify your water!!

then post on here.lots of guys will point you in the right direction regarding poles,systems etc.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

DJC Clean

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 08:54:04 pm »
Richard thats the kinda post I'm after thanks. Know I'm being lazy but trying to get my head around the whole thing.

DS Live in Royston but work all over Barnsley would love some advice  and help if its going. Also on the look out for new work if u know of any going locally.

Cheers Dave

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 09:58:31 pm »
Richard thats the kinda post I'm after thanks. Know I'm being lazy but trying to get my head around the whole thing.

DS Live in Royston but work all over Barnsley would love some advice  and help if its going. Also on the look out for new work if u know of any going locally.

Cheers Dave
dont no of any work but im only at athersley if you want to call and see how ive set my static system up .
where theres muck theres money

DJC Clean

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 09:17:02 pm »
Ds would really be appreciated ;) going on holiday tomorrow for seek but when I get back would love to pick ya brain. My mobile 07931 707393 drop me a text and I'll ring u when I get back ;)

Cheers Dave