Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony Edwards

Chasing up quotes
« on: July 13, 2012, 01:40:59 pm »

Whilst door knocking I was asked for two quotes both houses large. One quote £40, the other £25, both fair quotes according to neighbours.If after spending 15 minutes making idle chatter and agreeing a quote and appearing that all was well, but a week later still not contacted me to confirm, would you ?

1. Call on them again asap to chase up. ( could be perceived as desperate or professional depending on which way you look at it)      or

2. Wait till when in the area next month and call again       or

3. Presume they are not interested or quote was too expensive.

cheers

Ian101

Re: Chasing up quotes
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 01:59:48 pm »
Personally I would call them.

Next time this happens and they say we will call you take upper hand and say you will call them tomorrow for decison.

colin purewater

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 02:00:48 pm »
Drop in Nxt month

I wouldn't go back same week with me beggin bowl
keep it simple

g.brookes

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 03:00:33 pm »
i would call them straight away.  they know that you are running a business and want more money, who gives a damn if you look desperate?.  most customers like to think of us as poorer than them anyway

Tony Edwards

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 09:53:08 pm »
Any more advice ?

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:29:39 pm »
Hi Tony
Here's what I do-it's all about taking the initiative away from the customer.
If you have put in the effort to canvass,your prospective customer knows you want their business (one hurdle overcome)
If you can't get a yes/no on the door but they seem keen,just jot down their number and say you will call in a couple of days to see if they have made a decision(hurdle 2 out of the way)
Make sure you follow up your knock with a phone call a couple of days later while it's fresh in their minds(this is a must-they will not have even considered using anyone else-your the only one who's bothered knocking after all!!)
Close the deal over the phone(they know what you do and what you charge-you've discussed all this with them already-hurdle no3)
This is a proven technique for me and gets me loads of work
Don't waste your canvassing hours

Regards
Roy
we succeed because others can't or won't

Tony Edwards

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 10:37:23 pm »
Hi Tony
Here's what I do-it's all about taking the initiative away from the customer.
If you have put in the effort to canvass,your prospective customer knows you want their business (one hurdle overcome)
If you can't get a yes/no on the door but they seem keen,just jot down their number and say you will call in a couple of days to see if they have made a decision(hurdle 2 out of the way)
Make sure you follow up your knock with a phone call a couple of days later while it's fresh in their minds(this is a must-they will not have even considered using anyone else-your the only one who's bothered knocking after all!!)
Close the deal over the phone(they know what you do and what you charge-you've discussed all this with them already-hurdle no3)
This is a proven technique for me and gets me loads of work
Don't waste your canvassing hours

Regards
Roy

Thanks Roy good advice. When you are trying to start from scratch it's hard to get the balance between appearing desperate and also too laid back

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 10:44:56 pm »
Thanks Tony
When your starting,you are desperate -you gotta put food on the table
You just gotta do what you gotta do to get it rolling
3 years down the line you can refine and condense it all
Good luck
Roy
we succeed because others can't or won't

Tony Edwards

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 10:49:34 pm »

Thanks Tony
When your starting,you are desperate -you gotta put food on the table
You just gotta do what you gotta do to get it rolling
3 years down the line you can refine and condense it all
Good luck
Roy

Cheers mate

Have to laugh , was out knocking tonight and after client starting about windows she then asked me jet wash the roof of her house ( worth £750k) I of course accepted as if I do it every day !

Ok YouTube here I come !

mark dew

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 11:30:29 pm »
i've found the majority of £25 houses ive cleaned in the past generally tend to end up right messers. I have no idea why because houses i do that are way over are no problem.
It's only the £25 jobs ive quoted that seem to end up this way. They seem to think they are doing me a favour, whereas i think view it as the other way around.

I'd leave them personally cos if they want they will ask.
If they take you on i reckon they will be irregular customers who wiill probably end up wanting you to call 1st.
If you need the business and can tolerate this kind of customer, chase them up.

If you want to keep control of when you clean then wait for them to come to you and hope for the best.