Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dustdees

MISSING PAYMENT
« on: January 16, 2006, 04:25:04 pm »
HI ALL,

ANYONE BEEN IN THIS SITUATION BEFORE?

I HAVE A CLEANER WHO REGULARLY VISIT THE SAME CLEANER EACH WEEK.THE CLIENT PAYS WEEKLY BY CASH, WHICH IS COLLECTED BY THE CLEANER.

HOWEVER, THIS  WEEK RTHERE WAS NO PAYMENT LEFT, WHICH IS NOT NORMAL.

MY CLEANERS INFORMED ME OF THIS SO I FIRED OVER AN E-AMIL TO THE CLIENT ASKING IF SHE LEFT IT IN A DIFFERENT PLACE, ETC?

HOWEVER THE CLIENT HAD TODAY TOLD ME THAT THE PAYMENT WAS LEFT AND IT WASN'T THERE WHEN SHE GOT HOME.

MY CLEANER HAS BEEN WITH ME FOR QUITE A WHILE AND I DON'T HAVE PROBLEMS WITH HER AT ALL.

I HAVEN'T ACCUSED ANYONE OF ANYTHING AND I DON;T WANT TO LOSE EITHER PERSON.M THEREFORE MY CLEANER HAS AGREED TO GIVE HER A CALL TO EXPLAIN THE SITUATION.

I HAVE LEFT IT BETWEEN THE TWO OF THEM TO CHAT AND THEN I WILL HAVE A WORD WITH MY CLEANER.

HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN IN THIS SITUATION BEFORE AND IF SO HOW DID YOU DEAL WITH IT?

TRICKY ONE!

CJEERS
DENISE   XXXX

dustycorner

Re: MISSING PAYMENT
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 04:34:42 pm »
Hi Denise,

That is tricky. As much as you might hate this i don't think you will get to the bottom of this simply because its your clients word against your cleaner.

Money doesn't just disappear, by having cleaners collect money are you not putting temptation in front of them. Why not move clients onto standing order or direct debit.

Cheers Mark.

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 07:15:49 pm »
hi there,

while i trust my employees implicitly, i would never ever have them collecting payments, whether it be cash or cheque.

i agree getting to the bottom of this is a nightmare, probably take more time and effort than its worth.

sorry

regards

martin

bulldug

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 07:35:49 pm »
Hi Denise,
I would put it down to experience and change the way this customer pays you.
Either your cleaners' nose is going to be out of joint due to the correct or incorrect supposition that she has stolen something or your customer is going to take the hump because you don't think she has left the money out as normal...perhaps she forgot and is just trying to save face? Maybe she has had a hard time of things after the festive season?
Who knows but if you don't want to lose either of them, take it on the chin and put it down as a lesson learned.
Hopefully tho your cleaner and customer can have a chat and maybe the truth will out!!
Good Luck
Tom
Oven Valeting Services..Forget nicotine patches, give us a call and we'll stop your oven smoking!!

Prestige1

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 10:26:58 pm »
Hi
If I was you I would just leave it, note it and disscuss with the cleaner, if she is good then it may be best to hang on to her. I had a cleint once who was absolute in her claim that one of my girls had stolen a blouse, she just new! I just asked the girl if she had seen it, no was the reply, i then asked the customer to have another look, and she came back to me having found it and was very appologetic.
it could be a mistake on the customers part, if your cleaner did take it then she knows your on to her and she would be foolish to do it again, just keep your eye on her.

As for girls/staff taking cash payments, my girls regurlary take arround £400 per week in small payments and I never have a problem, and remember there are more tempting things in customers homes as well as cash for them to take, if you can't trust them with collecting money then don't let them clean homes is my moto.
kind regards Phil ;D
Who Dares Wins

dustdees

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 08:40:57 am »
Yeap,

I honeslty believe my cleaner, because she was very upset!!

I have accused anyone of anything and I have decided to put this down as a loss, because at the end of the day I don't want to  lose either of them.

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 02:44:21 pm »
If your client is aware that you never received the money. Then either your cleaner is a thief or your client is telling lies. Now if she did leave the money out and believes your cleaner has stolen it, would she want the cleaner back in her house?

Prestige1

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 07:59:16 pm »
Good Point
Who Dares Wins

suzieq

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 07:21:40 pm »
Hi all out there. I totally agree with action man if one of my clients thought the cleaner had stolen money, she would'nt want her back in her house.I certainly would'nt if it was me.

dustdees

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 07:34:09 pm »
Hi all,

I have recieved an e-mail today fromthe client.

But for starters I had a conversation with her yesterday and she wasn't sure if she wanted to carry on with our services.Anyway cutting the story short she ended up saying that she waould sleep on the desicion and get back to me today.

So the e-mail arrives saying the following:

Hi Denise ,

Thanks for our conversation yesterday, and I can't guarantee that I put the payment there.

You right my cleaner does an outstanding job and has never missed a week.

Therefore I would like to carry on with our normal 3 hour weekly clean until further notice.

I look forward to continuing our business relantionship into the future.

Regards
 Mrs.A. Client

NOW then what do you think about that e-mail recieved?

Bearing in mind that my client still thinks that my lady took the money and kept it for herself, why the hell does she want to carry on with the contract and request that she still has the same cleaners every week.

Now this is a business lady who has a lot of expensive items in her home, which to be honest would be more interesting and fetch much more money that the £31.50 she was ment to leave.

Any comments would be grateful recieved on this one

Cheers Guys and Girls
T

CMS

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 07:52:38 pm »
Her email lets your cleaner off the hook, doesn't it?

Accept her admission and carry on.......................but don't forget she still owes you money

suzieq

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 08:02:40 pm »
Hi there,i think in the future i would ask the client to leave a cheque not cash,at least you can track a cheque and find out who and where it was cashed.

I hope it all works out for you.

suzieq

doesa anyone out there know anything about pricing for commumal ares of blocks of flats,please let me know ive been asked to quote for the commumal ares of 2 blocks of 24 apartments all hoovering of stairs 4 flights in each block,all woodwork and internal windows, and stair edgings ,(plastic). this will be done on a weekly basis thanks
suzieq

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 08:44:50 pm »
Hi Suzieq,

Just out of intrest where in the country are you based?
I've had a tender just like theat one?

Ta
Nick

suzieq

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 09:27:57 pm »
Hi there. im based in the  manchester area where r u

suzieq

Prestige1

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 08:59:38 am »
Suzieg
you need to look how long it will take you and estimate it, I look after develpments similar to this on. 1 is 5 blocks 3 floors takes 2 people 2.5hrs 5 hours total = £70 + vat
Who Dares Wins