Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul marshall

maybe brodex are the best after all ?
« on: May 10, 2012, 06:52:48 am »
i asked the question a few weeks back ; are brodex really the best ; it turned in to a hot topic with a lot of bad press , which was a worry to me because i am only 12 weeks in to a 3 year guarantee ,anyway 2 days ago i popped in to brodex with a few small problems with fittings ,i was told i should have booked in ,but john who looked very busy at the time came out to my van an spent a bit of time with me whilst an engineer went to get me a bag of fittings ,john also gave me a few tips as well and asked how my buisness was doing , if i have this problem again i can sort it myself thanx to his advice ,anyway i was a very happy customer ,and have been so far with brodex ,so credit where its due ,im usually the first to complain so i think its only fair that when im pleased i say so ,ive seen priced the fittings up on a few suppliers and they cost a few quid as well ,thanx john and good luck brodex in ure new home cant wait to visit the showroom  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
the more flyers i post , the luckier i seem to get ...

Ian101

Re: maybe brodex are the best after all ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 08:12:18 am »
A company only as good as their staff ... this fella sounds like a good bloke.  :)

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 08:49:42 am »
i think most people who have complained appear to be far away from brodex and it relates to returning products etc and the lack of call back from them etc

Griffus

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:31:26 am »
I have a used system that was not purchased directlty from them (bought end of March). Initially there were a few issues with the system, one in particular led me to calling Brodex, this was late in the day, around 17:30 hours.

I sort of expected no one to answer because of the time. The phone was in fact answered by a really helpful guy named Paul. He really couldn't have been more pleasant, or helpful. This in spite of the fact that I told him straight away that I had purchased the system second hand, and not from Brodex. Between us we established what was required to fix my system.

Unfortunately following on from this excellent level of service, genuinely as good as I could have hoped for, a few problems followed. Delivery took a week, Paul chased and chased but whoever was dispatching messed up. In the end I received two identical shipments. I was told not to worry about returning the duplicate.

There were then more problems as the fittings in my system were not standard Brodex and so the replacements were no good to me. This was not Brodex's fault, nor problem, but again I felt they went the extra mile in trying to help me resolve the issue, in particular Paul.

Further issues: I am still waiting on a VAT receipt, from the beginning of April, despite chasing more times that I can remember.

Looking at their prices, they seem to be way higher than alternative sellers. I needed a replacement pump, which was £50 cheaper at The Cleaning Warehouse, no prizes for guessing where I purchased from, although I would like to have purchased from Brodex.

On a seperate note, I have a 250 litre system, so I enquired about doubling the size. One quote was for approx £800, the other for less than £600. Both seemed excessive for a water tank but the variation in price was a bit of a shocker. No consistancy, and that can lead to a lack of trust.

In summary, they are on their way to being a good supplier, but there are issues there with communication and their prices need to be reviewed, and more consistant.

john entwistle

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 11:28:50 am »
Well it's john who i've been dealing with and he seems very helpfull but i'm still not getting anywhere i made a call to them this morning and they said there's none in stock so i'll get it next week but again i've been told this before so i think they still have a way to go before they can be described as the ''best'' imo

Archer

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:22:15 pm »

I used to deal with jamie, and now ive just had another system installed by Brodex and i deal with John.

Never had a problem at all with Brodex and will recommend them all the time to window cleaners seeking advice, rather than some of the muppetts that slag them off, when they more than likely have never dealt with them and jump on the negative bandwaggon.

I have kitted out 5 vans with brodex over the past 3 years including hot box systems.

Full marks to Brodex from me.

www.com

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 10:34:14 pm »
They are an ok company to deal with, we've had a couple of vans fitted out from them. No probems.

colin purewater

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 11:12:48 pm »
Best customer service I've come across in this game
Is the cleaning warehouse by far.
keep it simple

keyser soze

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 11:21:48 pm »
seems to me they are 1 good manager away from being a good company....

www.com

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 11:28:36 pm »
No company goes out there intending to be crap. It's when things go wrong (which most of the time is the companies fault) is when you find out how good their customer service is. If anything goes wrong just post it on a forum! Watch how your problem gets solved with the whole world watching!