Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blast Away

Abseil Pressure Washing
« on: May 07, 2012, 08:43:02 pm »
Anyone on here do this? I'm gonna look into getting trained up. Big dough!

Roger Oakley

Re: Abseil Pressure Washing
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:49:03 pm »
Lee,
You'll end -up looking like Bruce Willis in Die Hard, going through the window scene except you'll be trying to PW not shoot your way through.  ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:56:57 pm »
Lee,
You'll end -up looking like Bruce Willis in Die Hard, going through the window scene except you'll be trying to PW not shoot your way through.  ;D

I could take offers from filming companies then for stunts in the process! Win win! So long as they pay me 30 days from date of funeral!

Roger Oakley

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 09:01:37 pm »
Lee,

I could take offers from filming companies then for stunts in the process! Win win! So long as they pay me 30 days from date of funeral!

Bruce Willis never dies, so you'll be ok Lee

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 09:07:02 pm »
Lee,

Twelve Monkeys, Armageddon...?

Roger Oakley

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 09:16:50 pm »
Lee,

Twelve Monkeys, Armageddon...?
Pants movies, I'm talking Die Hard. Just don't walk around Manchester with a sandwich-board stating the obvious.

trevor perry

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 09:42:54 pm »
i have done it in the past before all the IRATA qaulifications for rope access where required, you will find to get IRATA qaulified lots of hours of experience are needed believe it is more hours than are needed to learn to fly an aircraft   ??? you also need to be supervised by a level 3 instructor till all hours are completed
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Griffus

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 12:32:51 am »
But where does it all end?  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_yqGhTmTQE

rb4no

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 04:06:30 pm »
I've just done a few H&S courses including harness training etc, however it doesn't really help in real life when your up on a house roof. I know some guys in Ireland that clean roofs and they took an abseiling course and use that type of equipment and it works well for them, it does have it's short comings because it's not industrial type equipment and the training wasn't industrial specific so there would be some shortfalls. This type of kit allows them to lean off the rope and face the roof both hands free!

I've called a local firm (Norfolk) at length about roof access and the type of work we do. They train all the offshore rigs in health and safety and search and rescue. They can do a training session and advise upon equipment specific to what we need but it's not cheap. Looking at about 600 quid for training however that's for say 1 to six people attending (about 100 quid per person would then be cheap).

If any of you guys fancy it we could chat and speak to them!!! Let me know..

dickie