Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

charles911

smelly sofa
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:14:45 pm »
Got a 2 yr old dfs sofa 2 clean in cream.. Its like a rough cord. Problem is It smells of dog and is darker on the seating area!

whats best way 2 tackle this do u think?

Russ Chadd

Re: smelly sofa
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:30:08 am »
Why not get a professional upholstery cleaner to give you a quote?
Where are you based?

charles911

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 10:38:20 am »
erm... Im the one whos been asked for a qoate! not done many sofa's yet and jst want to do a good job!  :)

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 11:08:37 am »
Dam good vac. Power burst or emzyme as prespray. The emzyme is better if urine present. Rinse with acidic then spray with clensan then re extract after about 20mins with acidic. Finally mist over with odour fresh. Job Done!!! If the fabric needs brightening up you could always apply foam shampoo with oxibrite additive and leave to dry. (This would be instead of the odour fresh stage) Remember ... always pretest all chemicals befire cleaning and identifie the fibres and contruction and I would also advise you check the foam fillings on the cushions for odour and soiling that had gone through and advise customer if replacement foam is needed. Also be aware of any marker pen on the foam fillings. Some makers sometimes write on them with black marker pen and if not detected you will have a panic attack when you prespray and the black ink comes through.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 12:37:36 pm »
Do a sample cushion for them as dfs suites can be buggers to clean. Show the customer the result and ask if they want you to continue, that way they know what they are getting for their money and covers you against them not being happy with the result. Add a good deodoriser to deal with the smell.

Simon

charles911

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 12:59:45 pm »
Right! Ive got all that.. Im off 2 do it, will take before n after photo's! nervous or what!

charles911

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 11:25:02 am »
Client was pleased (ish i think) however the dusty doggy smell was still there alittle bit after!

The one thing i hate about sofa cleaning is, streek lines no matter how much i over lap!
went over it twice 2!

Is there like a trade secret to upholstery?? Hate it!!

I took a b4 pic but took that long i forgot to take after shot. looke wet ny way  ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 11:48:06 am »
Charles,
You can brush the streak lines out by brushing side-to-side then down the knap to reset the pile. A towel works well on this too.
How long did it take and how much did you charge them?

Simon