Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

confused poles
« on: January 07, 2006, 01:27:35 am »
Does anybody use Gardiner poles im thinking of buying a 40ft gf and a 60ft cf.
Is the quality any good?
Do they bend alot at the top when fully extended?
Is the pole section where you grip very thick?

How does ionics ergo-lite carbon fibre poles in the same lengths compare?
Are they worth the big price?

Would it make sense to buy a 60tf ergo-lite carbon fibre and use that on all jobs over 18ft and forget the 40ft pole altogether?

A good response would be really appreciated as i need to order asap.

Ive looked at the related topics concerning poles and i still carnt make the choice its 1.25am on a saturday morning ive been searching for hours!

Please help me guys time is running out for me, got some big jobs lined up.

steve k

Re: confused poles
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 06:44:35 am »
unless you have work lined up that requires 40ft or more specifically 60ft pole then think twice about buying until the big jobs actually arrive. You are looking at a very expensive purchase which may just gather dust in the shed.

From an operational point of view, any glass fibre pole over 30ft will have an appreciable amount of bend/sway from the thinnest top extension when fully extended and you will find any attempts to pull the brush head away from the glass to rinse/move to next window very painful after even 30 mins use.

I have no idea about 60ft poles but after experiencing the discomfort in cleaning above 30ft and in anticipation of damage to my muscular/skeletal system if I were to use such a pole consistently and long term, I have decided to clean up to a maximum of 30ft.

If you are mainly cleaning 1st floor domestic, then an 18ft (3 x 6ft) is ideal...like waving a lollipop about. Some people on here use a 12ft for the same purpose but I find the extra length allows me to stand away from the window at a shallower angle and wash/rinse more comfortably.

I had a 36ft powerpole but personally found the clamps a bit of a pain when extending and shortening pole and the brush head assembly seemed very top heavy and difficult to manage at the end of the top extension when attempting to move from window to window...that is actually an understatement, I actually couldn`t manage it without feeling my lower back was about to rupture.

If you are just doing residential, get a small3-5ft glass fibre for downstairs and an 18ft glass fibre for tops.
Get a pole with the basic plastic angle joint for the brush head, you do not need a heavy and more expensive alloy gooseneck.

Regarding brush heads, I use Vikan 10inch and have found them to be no problem. I always lift brush off glass when rinsing so have not experienced the problems that other people appeared to have had regarding the vikan brushes holding onto dirt and subsequently contaminating the glass leaving spots.

There is a new brush around called the "salmon" which sounds good...maybe Peter Fogwills.

Anyway...think carefully about what work you do and don`t commit to a big spend just to have the tools in your bag.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 08:55:06 am »
Simon,

Check out www.ionicsystems.com , Reach & Wash downloads and download the Ergonomics report this will give information on the difference between the universal carbon fibre pole and the ergo lite carbon pole, we supply 5 different ranges of poles.

For lower level the multipole range are great as you can change the angle of the brush head, as for poles upto to 60ft the Ergolite poles are the lightest available as the 60ft ergolite pole is the same weight as a 35ft universal pole.   

Kind regards

Reuben

JM123

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 02:56:10 pm »
The Multipoles are Exel is that correct??  Just how light are the ergo-lite 60ft and 45ft?  Are they much lighter than say Gardiners or streampole??
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 06:57:58 pm »
Get to the Gym and grow some muscles then you dont need to worry about the weight     ;D

Brodex have just launched a ulltra light pole ,i dont know if it is on there web site but they claim to be the lightest glassfibre

poleman

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 08:03:11 pm »