Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KLEENAWAY

DI vessel problem
« on: March 24, 2012, 04:03:07 pm »
Im a WFP newbie so im not 100% on things but i bought a secondhand 9 litre di vessel and filled it with tulsion 115 resin but im still getting a tds reading of 40 after the resin. The tds form the tap is 150.....does this sound about right to you chaps? Am i going to have to get twin di's? Only reason im asking is i thought it would get it down to 000! Thanks in advance

Danny

Dave71

Re: DI vessel problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 04:36:28 pm »
it should come through at 000 make sure you are connected to DI correctly should have a in and out marked at top of lid, apart from that i dunno

Ste M

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 05:56:38 pm »
Danny. How much did you fill it up? Needs to be a couple of inch,s from the top. Also as above says check you have the water going in/out into the di vessel. You will see it marked on the top of it mate. Also with kind of tds you will go through the resin fairly quick so may be worth getting either twin di or a RO system. I'm surprised your tap tds is that high mate as mine is only 70

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 09:10:18 pm »
Cheers lads! Yes iv got it goin through the right way but I think the seal inside the di where the pipe joins the top on the di has gone abit so its mixing with tap water. Ye ste mine has been coming out at between 130 and 167 mate. ped me off really because I know it's no where near as high and you live a few miles away. In Runcorn another mate of mine has got a reading of 030. I think I'm going to have to buy another di.

Danny

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 10:32:19 pm »
Im a WFP newbie so im not 100% on things but i bought a secondhand 9 litre di vessel and filled it with tulsion 115 resin but im still getting a tds reading of 40 after the resin. The tds form the tap is 150.....does this sound about right to you chaps? Am i going to have to get twin di's? Only reason im asking is i thought it would get it down to 000! Thanks in advance

Danny

Are you purifying "on-demand" (i.e. pumping through a vessel on the van) or blasting water through the DI at mains pressure & filling the tank with pure?

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 11:07:39 pm »
I'm putting it through at mains pressure, purifying it before the tank mate. Why? Does it make any difference pal?

Llaaww

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 11:10:15 pm »
You are running the water too fast.

Drop the pressure and measure it again
if it is dirty it is fair game

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 08:22:41 am »
I'm putting it through at mains pressure, purifying it before the tank mate. Why? Does it make any difference pal?

Yes & even more so in a smaller vessel.

Fill your tank with tap water & pump through the vessel (on van). You'll get 000tds & your resin will last longer.

I would advise 2 x 11ltr DI vessels on van for maximum resin efficiency. ;)

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 09:43:08 am »
Cheers guys! I thought something was wrong, im going to buy another 11 litre vessel now

Danny

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 03:33:17 pm »
Cheers guys! I thought something was wrong, im going to buy another 11 litre vessel now

Danny
could you not get an ro aswell 150 is quite high for di only
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 07:47:53 pm »
Space is abit tight where i live to be honest mate. I was thinking about rainwater havesting but its no good the way the weather is at the moment