Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Re: Canvassing progress this week
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 07:13:39 pm »
If you would like me to have a chat with him ian and point him in right direction I would be happy to help

Cheers GD ... he is experianced and came to me from a large firm Im mates with ... this lad has canvassed a few rounds for my mate ... normally does £200 to £300 a week in fresh customers.

Putting this week down to being a hard area ?

Time will tell but thanks for the offer mate !

Ian101

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 07:16:25 pm »
well, if he's genuinly done something like 30 hrs of canvassing - then thats low,

however he has only just started - did you take him out and demonstrate a pitch and pricing ??

also if your not paying him a hourly rate - does it actually matter on how much he brings in ?

he may turn out better just delivering leaflets..

Darran

yup 5 days from 10 till 5 so not much to show ... agree with wot u say as not on hourly rate .. just putting it down to being a hard area.

This week coming I will be with from 5 till 7 ... he had to finish at 5 this week due to getting last bus home as he has no transport ... not ideal but sometimes u gotta work with what you got  :)

Ian101

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 07:23:03 pm »
Started a canvasser Monday this week.

Ian are you going out with this guy to show him the ropes or just telling him ?

Looking at the front of the house and second quessing is Lazy, people lie (yeah same as next door, forgetting to mention the glass wall at the back on the new extention)

weve stopped the prepricing now as may also be undercutting any cleaners in area - which is a big no no - any calls we get I go and quote or he does if he gets the call - he was pricing some at £8 which I went mental at as had told him my min is £12 or £10 for the odd tiny tiny house ... £8 aint worth stopping to get reels out unless loads of houses together then its an exception but we all singing off same hymn sheet by end of week and in fairness he got me some proper bonza priced stuff

look on the bright side if he did that every week for a year you would have an extra 5606 a month of extra work, I would class that as a result, I would just get a few more people doing the same if you want to build quicker. New cleans are a nightmare though with time so be careful what you wish for lol

new cleans are horrible had been a distant memory but done them all on Friday .. too true about the wishing bit  :)

what amount are you trying to get and in what time frame ?

be happy with another £3000 a month as for time not bothered ... within reason

Micky Steele

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 07:09:55 am »
We used tc in january when we started up he got us 48 houses in 5 days all nice work in chelmsford cleaned the work 3 times now no hastles had about 4 cancel. We tried another canvasser mentioned here who couldnt pick up the work....4 houses in 2 days and one of them cancelled before first clean. Tom is bloody good at finding work, i dont know how he does it especily in chelmsford