Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark blundell

cleaning moss from a roof
« on: March 07, 2012, 10:19:51 am »
hi there
Quick question i went to price a gutter cleaning job today and they where full of moss and the roof is covered witth moss as well.

so talking to the customer and explaining that i can clean them but it is the moss from the roof in the gutter and will fill up again in no time.

he now wants his roof cleaned I have explained that i dont usually do roof cleaning but will give it a go with the pressure washer just to remove the moss we are not looking at full roof cleaning.

the property is a bungalow with a steep roof and i am planning on using my telescopic lance with the pressure washer from 1 section of a scaffold tower.

how would you go about pricing this job and any advice would be good

Thanks in advance Mark

Blast Away

Re: cleaning moss from a roof
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:16:00 am »
Can you post a google maps link for the house?

Why are you not getting on the roof? You must have Trevor Perry hands and shoulders!

mike roberts

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 11:45:09 am »
Using a telescopic lance from a platform to remove moss, your results will be limited.
As its a domestic must ensure its felted as chances are some of the water will go up the tiles - which is not ideal, if its not felted walkaway!

Why not have it cleaned properly ??

mike roberts

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:51:02 am »

Why are you not getting on the roof? You must have Trevor Perry hands and shoulders!

Lee have you done that gym roof yet ??

Blast Away

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:29:44 pm »

April 11th it's booked in for pal, why?

mike roberts

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:01:00 pm »

just asking  :'( ...... weather down here so changable. Did you get that call ref gloss paint removal ?

mark blundell

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 01:56:32 pm »

Getting on the roof? would that be safe off of a roof ladder with all that water.
sorry to sound stupid but never done a roof clean before.

how would you advise cheers for the input i can't find the property on google earth as there are trees all along the road it is on but i will try to upload a pic cheers mark

Blast Away

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 07:57:40 pm »

just asking  :'( ...... weather down here so changable. Did you get that call ref gloss paint removal ?

Weren't bitin' yer head off pal haha. Not that I recall, who was that?

Getting on the roof? would that be safe off of a roof ladder with all that water.

how would you advise cheers for the input i can't find the property on google earth as there are trees all along the road it is on but i will try to upload a pic cheers mark

Have a look at this video that Mike above posted on his Facebook http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=304044512985624&set=vb.226355774106933&type=2&theater

In regards to the roof, post the house number and postcode and I'll pull it up.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 09:48:39 pm »

Have a look at this video that Mike above posted on his Facebook http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=304044512985624&set=vb.226355774106933&type=2&theater

Nice pics an vids Mike, good stuff. I liked your page, but your probably too busy with your ropes to notice  :'(

;D ;D

mark blundell

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 09:56:55 pm »
yeah great pics and video I liked your page as well.

mike roberts

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 05:20:09 pm »

Nice pics an vids Mike, good stuff. I liked your page, but your probably too busy with your ropes to notice  :'(

;D ;D

Got Marks Like... thks ... But not yours Matt  ??? Maybe the site is selective  ;D ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 05:28:52 pm »
You really know how to hurt a guy dontcha Mike   ;)

I liked you with my Precise Pressure Washing page mate..

Blast Away

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 05:54:58 pm »
You really know how to hurt a guy dontcha Mike   ;)

I liked you with my Precise Pressure Washing page mate..

You and Mike should push your pages out for more likes. You've only got 41 and 42. Share on your timeline.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 05:59:23 pm »
please explain.. ive been trying to get more likes, but its hard going. im trying to get local likes, and not just other companies.

mike roberts

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:43 pm »
Matt still cant see your like ??  :-X

Is he having a go at us  ;D ;D I only started mine in Jan this year!

To be honest I dont use Face book myself, only started it as a viewing aid for customers ... ease of adding pics etc. it has worked with sales  ;D

Lee you have over 300 are they from friends via your own profile ?? As Matt said any advice would be good ... lots of companies are using twitter but personally cant stand it (worse than bl**dy face book)

Matt agree totally cant see the point of other companies liking it - now we have gained over 25
Might be worth starting another post as we are messing up Marks!

Matt Gibson

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 07:08:54 pm »
liked it again mate...should be in your little friends icon up top

p1w1

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 09:50:49 am »

Weren't bitin' yer head off pal haha. Not that I recall, who was that?

In regards to the roof, post the house number and postcode and I'll pull it up.
hi just out of interest was that roof clean in the video done with hot or cold water (nice job by the way)
thanks
paul

Blast Away

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 06:10:55 pm »
Matt still cant see your like ??  :-X

Is he having a go at us  ;D ;D I only started mine in Jan this year!

To be honest I dont use Face book myself, only started it as a viewing aid for customers ... ease of adding pics etc. it has worked with sales  ;D

Lee you have over 300 are they from friends via your own profile ?? As Matt said any advice would be good ... lots of companies are using twitter but personally cant stand it (worse than bl**dy face book)

Matt agree totally cant see the point of other companies liking it - now we have gained over 25
Might be worth starting another post as we are messing up Marks!

236 out of 319 are also friends. Which is good as I'm always on their radar when uploading images like I do. When out in the pub and seen the page is always mentioned by whoever. Again, radar. Get some good work from Facebook recognition.
Share the page on your timeline/newsfeed and ask people to like your page if they actually like your page. A bit of an incentive line for them to click it. Also remind them to 'Like' the page and not like the status share. Some will click that but you won't gain a page like that you require.
Not long got in and will be uploading some images from the hospitals done in Manchester today in line for the Queen's visit in 2 weeks.

mike roberts

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 07:51:39 pm »
Paul - For roofs we only use cold  cheers Mike

p1w1

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »
Paul - For roofs we only use cold  cheers Mike

Thanks for the reply mike