Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Messer before I even start ... if I can be bothered
« on: February 28, 2012, 07:05:08 pm »
Took over a round about 18 months ago and 1 lady I had to call the night before due to locked gate so 18 months ago I calls her for the first time and she tells me not to bother for at least 6 months due to house having had a major flood and was getting rebuild inside.

6 months go by so call her ... no still not finished
another 6 months go by call her and still not ready

November last year she texts me and says shes back in so when can I go around to clean the windows so tells her to leave gate open on a particular day so goes there and gate all locked up .... realise house is quite big with a large conny and only priced at a tenner  :o :o

so perhaps wrongly thinks I wont be doing this one and forgets all about it

fast foward to Jan and gets a text asking when Im going to clean her windows so replies along lines of tried once but gate was locked and cant do job for a tenner ... needs to be £20 plus a double charge for 1st clean as so long since cleaned.

8 texts later bottom line is Im a bad guy for not retrying in November an I should do em for no extra due to customer care ... tells her politely to find another cleaner as I have obviously let her down (in her eyes) ... still wont go away and texts me again which I just replied by saying £20 a month and £40 for first visit in cash up front .. more texts off her which I just ignored.

Anyway gets a text off her this afternoon asking for me to do them for £35 first clean so texts back yes in area next week ... thinks getting somewhere here  :D :D

another text off her "can you reach the conservatory roof ok"
texts back will need to see roof to give a price for it

a text off her "thought that would be in the price"

:-\ ... roll on next week gonna be fun this one

P @ F

Re: Messer before I even start ... if I can be bothered
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:13:25 pm »
Im not a bad man , but personally , i would go round and shoot her in the face , with i might add , the biggest cannon i could find  ;D

Rich 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 07:27:27 pm »
is this the one you were going to "give" to me  ;D because i am your friend :) if that's the case lets stay enemies ;D

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:37:29 pm »
Stick to your price she is testing you.Be strong and stand you ground she well respect you for it. YOU CANNOT BUY HER BUSINESS.

g.brookes

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 07:40:01 pm »
i would go with rich's advice.  given the circumstances its the fairest thing to do

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 07:43:47 pm »
is this the one you were going to "give" to me  ;D because i am your friend :) if that's the case lets stay enemies ;D

errrrr I may have mentioned it to you  in passing  cough  :o

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 07:44:45 pm »
i would go with rich's advice.  given the circumstances its the fairest thing to do

shoot and replace with 2 .... sounds good to me

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 07:45:07 pm »
brown sugar as well

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 08:02:20 pm »

;D ;D

Man alive, she sounds like the biggest messer ever.  Wonder how long before she messes you around if you actually get to do them!  at least you will be covering yourself with the increased first price.

Sounds like will be fun, keep us updated Ian, need a laugh

bobby p

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 08:03:10 pm »
text and ask if shes a gambler-if yes go for double or quits on the price

Ian101

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 08:06:33 pm »

;D ;D

Man alive, she sounds like the biggest messer ever.  Wonder how long before she messes you around if you actually get to do them!  at least you will be covering yourself with the increased first price.

think I need a mini cam like the coppers use

think I will call it windicam

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 08:07:05 pm »
text and ask if shes a gambler-if yes go for double or quits on the price

then leggit if I loose  :)

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 08:40:05 pm »
i would go with rich's advice.  given the circumstances its the fairest thing to do

;D ;D

Man alive, she sounds like the biggest messer ever.  Wonder how long before she messes you around if you actually get to do them!  at least you will be covering yourself with the increased first price.

think I need a mini cam like the coppers use

think I will call it windicam

Theres a word for people like you with their peep cams. .... .

*edit*  any decent footage can be sent to aswindowcleaning@hotmail.co.uk....  ;) ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 08:46:11 pm »
why cant you just phone her up and talk to her,why you brothering with texts so Unprofessional,

grow a pair of bal-ls and talk to her,that customer service ;)

keyser soze

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 08:56:19 pm »
i wouldnt bother tbh more trouble than its worth . next thing you will be back cause you (in her eyes) havent done a good enough job. first clean in over a year there will be something shes not happy about

Londoner

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:32 pm »
Took over a round about 18 months ago and 1 lady I had to call the night before due to locked gate so 18 months ago I calls her for the first time and she tells me not to bother for at least 6 months due to house having had a major flood and was getting rebuild inside.

6 months go by so call her ... no still not finished
another 6 months go by call her and still not ready

November last year she texts me and says shes back in so when can I go around to clean the windows so tells her to leave gate open on a particular day so goes there and gate all locked up .... realise house is quite big with a large conny and only priced at a tenner  :o :o

so perhaps wrongly thinks I wont be doing this one and forgets all about it

fast foward to Jan and gets a text asking when Im going to clean her windows so replies along lines of tried once but gate was locked and cant do job for a tenner ... needs to be £20 plus a double charge for 1st clean as so long since cleaned.

8 texts later bottom line is Im a bad guy for not retrying in November an I should do em for no extra due to customer care ... tells her politely to find another cleaner as I have obviously let her down (in her eyes) ... still wont go away and texts me again which I just replied by saying £20 a month and £40 for first visit in cash up front .. more texts off her which I just ignored.

Anyway gets a text off her this afternoon asking for me to do them for £35 first clean so texts back yes in area next week ... thinks getting somewhere here  :D :D

another text off her "can you reach the conservatory roof ok"
texts back will need to see roof to give a price for it

a text off her "thought that would be in the price"

:-\ ... roll on next week gonna be fun this one

I had a woman once refused to pay me because there was a big lump of bird poo on the conservatory  roof still. I replied to her that I hadn't done the roof and it would be extra. She said thats outragous. Its so nice when you walk away from these jobs.

colin purewater

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 09:28:02 pm »
Im not a bad man , but personally , i would go round and shoot her in the face , with i might add , the biggest cannon i could find  ;D

Rich 

;D nearly wet me self!!!
keep it simple

shina

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 09:41:13 pm »
I would say drop her. But I wouldnt start in the 1st place.

Scoop

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 01:16:38 am »
Sometimes I think other windys don't help the situation.

I did a gutter yesterday and she asked me for a price to do the conservatory roof. 5 panels covered in bird poo - £25.

"Oh leave" she said. "My window cleaner does it for a fiver"  ???
Don't wish it were easier. Wish that you were better - Jim Rohn

Ian101

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 06:54:18 am »
why cant you just phone her up and talk to her,why you brothering with texts so Unprofessional,

grow a pair of bal-ls and talk to her,that customer service ;)

she started it ...... childish as well as unprofessional  ;D

she dont speak very good english hence she prefers texts ... im guessing