Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt - aquatec

WCP versus george versus AN other???
« on: February 14, 2012, 12:57:02 pm »
Hi guys,

In peoples opinions which is the best and why, I have been using the demo version of george and its OK but could do with your experiences of others on the market

cheers

matt
Loving the freedom and enjoying the hard work......
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

Erithwc

Re: WCP versus george versus AN other???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:03:25 pm »
didn't like george liked wcp but didn't liken the fact you couldn't do a complete print of of all customer info in a list

I now use good old microsoft excel  ;D ;D ;D

mark m

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:37:52 pm »
i have tried demo`s on both george and wcp i thought roundtracker was the best out of the three but i am with matt i use excel you cant go wrong with it

idealrob

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »
George online, you can use on smart/iphone

idealrob

Matt - aquatec

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 08:53:02 am »
thanks guys, would it be possible for you to send me an example of the excel you use please..

info@aquatecwindows.co.uk

cheers

Matt
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

Antony Quinn

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 10:40:54 am »
I think it depends on what you want to do.  To declare my interest: I work for a software company that has written software for cleaning companies, which you can see here: Malinko scheduling & CRM for cleaners

But, I think the best way to approach it is to think what is the least technical way of doing things that works for you?  I've seen some people implement software systems and end up spending all their time trying to satisfy the requirements of the software, rather than the other way round!

However, I think excel can be the perfect thing sometimes, as long as you haven't got too many customers and you don't want to record too much information about them.  Heck, even a pen and pad of paper can be the best approach sometimes.  ;D

I ran a recycling business using a combination of outlook for the scheduling, excel recording collection results (number of bags picked up etc) and access for holding the customer database.  This worked for a little while, but when the number of customers increased it became unwieldy and couldn't scale up.

If you implement a software system that is designed to handle your information, it can make your life easier in ways you didn't realise could happen.  Do you want to be able to see your list of jobs for the day on your phone and send your next job a text at the touch of a button?  How about integrate with a TomTom device so it sends all your jobs to the TomTom each night?  What happens when you have staff and you want to generate job sheets for them?  Or would you like to take a photo and store this image with the job record?  I could go on, but I won't!  ;)
---
Malinko - CRM and Job scheduling made easy
Software for Cleaners

Matt - aquatec

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 07:10:47 pm »
didn't like george liked wcp but didn't liken the fact you couldn't do a complete print of of all customer info in a list

Thanks for the excel....
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

keyser soze

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 07:35:56 pm »

me too. works as i like it and its free

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 12:50:42 pm »
george is the best £50 i have ever spent and i am very good with excell, for a one man band or small company george is awesome and you can use thier online backup service

Deangsi

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 07:50:46 pm »
2012 day a page diary for me guys ;D i look back on previouse month everytime to see whats due and i just tick next to them when they are paid. This is the only way i will ever do it its so simple

firefly123

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 08:07:31 pm »
goerge is the one best 50 you will spend
shiney one

andyjm1

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 09:07:00 pm »
George online, especially useful if you do any account work.