Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom cronin

Fan jets or pencil
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:28:47 pm »
Was discussing this in the shop...havent tried the fans, i thinking stick with pencil?

keyser soze

Re: Fan jets or pencil
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 07:03:20 pm »
i used fans for the first time today and i thought they are better but not sure what it looked like when i was done . gonna have a look tomorrow.

tom cronin

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 07:10:41 pm »
Did u come across bird mess on upstairs windows, i just think a jet would be better on more stuborn stuff

keyser soze

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:17:28 pm »
no i used  them on pizza hut

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 08:28:03 pm »
install the fan jets  along side the pencil jets and try them or /and pipe them up so you can use all four

dave.e

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 08:39:02 pm »
i used pensil jets for 6 years and the one day i went over to fans just to try them out and i have used them ever since. i found i could turn down my flo from 60 to 35 and work faster and now if i had to go back i think i would jack it in all together.

Walter Pole

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 07:37:53 pm »
If you wash the shampoo off your car/van off with a hosepipe it comes off lovely. If you missed a bit of mud when washing with shampoo, you put your finger over the end of the hosepipe to inrease pressure ad 'blast' off that bit of mud.  I mistakenly bought fan jets and subsequently love them to bits...they blast through snail trails and green conservataory roofs simply by having more mehanical abrasion, that is provided the flow rate is high, really high so you an see a rainbow when the sun is shining.
taking panes to exceed expectations

bad trippy

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 07:45:45 pm »
fan jets are king, i would never go back to pencils
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

tom cronin

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 08:38:24 pm »
If you wash the shampoo off your car/van off with a hosepipe it comes off lovely. If you missed a bit of mud when washing with shampoo, you put your finger over the end of the hosepipe to inrease pressure ad 'blast' off that bit of mud.  I mistakenly bought fan jets and subsequently love them to bits...they blast through snail trails and green conservataory roofs simply by having more mehanical abrasion, that is provided the flow rate is high, really high so you an see a rainbow when the sun is shining.

That is exactly what i wanted to know! Id of thought the pencil jets would better for that reason, but obviously the other way round ! Useful post!

ants

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 10:14:06 pm »
Dont buy the plastic ones from Gardiners tho,ive broke 4 in one week.

Dont wanna knock his company tho as his poles are great.But those fanjets should be given out f.o.c. not £8 a pair

Sean Dyer

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 08:28:56 am »
how do you go about rinsing with fan jets then?

sham33

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 09:12:04 am »
I've been converted to fan jets but I've gone through 5 gardiners jets in a couple of months. Only way I  can use jets now is if I get a brush with jets made by some one else  but I really don't want to stop using gardiners sill brush  ???

bad trippy

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 09:17:24 am »
I've been converted to fan jets but I've gone through 5 gardiners jets in a couple of months. Only way I  can use jets now is if I get a brush with jets made by some one else  but I really don't want to stop using gardiners sill brush  ???
you sure their just not blocked?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 09:19:02 am »

A few clients have had this problem.  We've got a new improved supply of these. Drop me an email on alex@agardiner.co.uk.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 09:19:36 am »
Dont buy the plastic ones from Gardiners tho,ive broke 4 in one week.

Dont wanna knock his company tho as his poles are great.But those fanjets should be given out f.o.c. not £8 a pair

Drop me an email on alex@agardiner.co.uk.

John pearce

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 11:00:54 am »
I used pencil jets at first, only because it came as a package, later gave fans a try because i found out they were better for HYDROPHOBIC GLASS... which most of my custies seem to have ...real pain.
(don't buy the buget one's there rubbish,)

tom cronin

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 06:44:25 am »
Can anyone recommend some for me to buy, if it makes any difference ive got a 34ft streamline carbon pole.

Going to get an aqua dapter aswell, am really looking forward to getting it:)