Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ken

Swapping George Files to my new PC
« on: December 17, 2005, 02:24:01 pm »
I need to transfer my George records to my new pc.  I have done regular backups to an extenal hard drive and have now copied all my files etc across to it. I have installed George, Pocket George, gfix and palmcfg on to my new machine. However I cannot see how to get my records across. It's probably very straightforward....
I was thinking about syncing them all on to my pda from my old pc and then syncing them on to the new one but i think it will only do 28 days worth which is not going to work for me.
Anyone done it and got any tips?
I have emailed George Systems but I guess it's their weekend off!

mattstanley

Re: Swapping George Files to my new PC
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 04:39:52 pm »
Hi Ken
It's really easy.
Download the George Data Restore program from George's website (http://www.georgesystems.co.uk/Download/download.html) and load it on your new PC.  When it's loaded, run it and browse the hard drive or floppy/CD that has your latest backup on, select that file, and the program will restore your data onto you new PC.
Hope that explains it for you.
Matt.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 05:07:28 pm »
Sounds easy but it took me all night by myself !
I use a desk top and a lap which I keep in the van then back up from the days work off the lap to the pc, using a pen/jump drive. Paul told me to download the complete trial George package onto the new pc.

Ken

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 05:21:04 pm »
Brilliant! Thanks very much, I can wipe my old machine and flog it to my parents now!