Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

conservatory roof > what a joke
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:18:12 pm »
I took over some work, from a lad i know.

Anyway, one of the house's told me that "dave" used to clean the conny roof for an extra 2 quid a time,

apparently, "only took him 2 mins, using a brush"

for a couple of cleans i've just been too "polite" and said i'll do it next time (with no intentions of doing it)

Last clean, he said to me, "have you done the roof?" i said "no, do you want a price for it?"

he replied with "well i was told it would be £2 extra" i said "no, not a chance i cant be doing a conny roof for 2quid".

anyway we agreed that on the next clean, i'll give him a price.

But the sad fact is, that "Dave" actually DID the roof for an extra £2...... how's that for business sense?

;D

GB Window Cleaning

Re: conservatory roof > what a joke
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 08:25:18 pm »
get ready to loose the job when you tell him £40  ;D good riddens people like this will learn thew hard way a year on when nobody is cleaning there windows!

Pope vader

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 08:26:07 pm »
its half a lager

bobby p

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 08:57:02 pm »
2 quid is a bit low yes

Dane

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 09:46:51 pm »
i dont know how some people think they can have a serious convo with some of the ideas they have

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 10:21:05 pm »
I've had exactly the same on a recent round I bought, we no longer do this customer.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 06:57:48 am »
If done every time as part of the clean and if it is an easy one, an extra tenner can cover it as it can be done in 15 minutes or less - but £2 is ridiculous.
I'm just wondering why "Dave" no longer cleans there.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 07:56:15 am »
i would have told him straight away on the first clean that i wouldnt clean his roof for an extra couple of quid.nipped in the bud straight away.

smallish roof yearly £40-£60

every clean(if not too dirty) £10-£15

i would gladly lose the customer if he wasnt happy that i wouldnt clean his roof for £2.
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 08:12:46 am »
Reminds me some what of a bloke I quoted last year as "his last window cleaner just stopped coming"

10 windows in house with a HUGE conservatory which was near enough bigger than house in floorspace.

Quoted him £20 monthly and guy nearly had a seizure as "last guy charged me £8" so told him too cheap and £20 was my price he wasnt having any of it and tried to tempt me by saying the other guy used to make his money up with cleaning the conny roof twice a year for an extra £5.

Windows still minging last time I looked  :)

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 08:47:54 am »
i would have told him straight away on the first clean that i wouldnt clean his roof for an extra couple of quid.nipped in the bud straight away.

smallish roof yearly £40-£60

every clean(if not too dirty) £10-£15

i would gladly lose the customer if he wasnt happy that i wouldnt clean his roof for £2.
well said mate!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 08:49:41 am »
Reminds me some what of a bloke I quoted last year as "his last window cleaner just stopped coming"

10 windows in house with a HUGE conservatory which was near enough bigger than house in floorspace.

Quoted him £20 monthly and guy nearly had a seizure as "last guy charged me £8" so told him too cheap and £20 was my price he wasnt having any of it and tried to tempt me by saying the other guy used to make his money up with cleaning the conny roof twice a year for an extra £5.

Windows still minging last time I looked  :)
oh thats just too funny  ;D thats made my day hearing this story

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 11:34:03 am »
Well said Ian at H2O

Unrealistic expectations from professionals by these silly customers (£2.00 !!!!!)
we succeed because others can't or won't

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 04:10:33 pm »
you gotta smile at them ... got another 1 from Thursday evening who wouldnt take the hint and kept texting me telling me how to run my business if I can find a wayto download texts onto word then will post it all up ... gotta be a classic but would take forever to type out  :)

bobby p

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »
you gotta smile at them ... got another 1 from Thursday evening who wouldnt take the hint and kept texting me telling me how to run my business if I can find a wayto download texts onto word then will post it all up ... gotta be a classic but would take forever to type out  :)
that made me chuckle  ;D ,,the business guru type .  iv one of those who used to clean cars as a kid and then went onto fixing bob monkhouses telly

Ian101

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 05:00:18 pm »
  went onto fixing bob monkhouses telly

heady heights some people reach in their careers .... in fairness thought last time I spoke to Bob (some time ago as hes dead) he never stopped talking about the bloke who fixed his telly ..... funny old world  ;)