Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wind-o-brite

Buying a Round
« on: December 04, 2011, 04:23:37 pm »
Any one ever come across guys trying to sell work , without letting you work it ?

anyone ever been stung  :-\

Simon@ Clearview contractors

Re: Buying a Round
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 04:32:00 pm »
Many times, even 1 old fella who wouldn't introduce me to the customers!  I don't know if he had been caught doing something he shouldn't have been but the round turned out to be Kosher and well priced at that.

Personally, I'd have a chat with the guy face to face and see if you can weigh him up, if something seems wrong or he can't answer the right qusetions avoid and keep the cash in your pocket!  I've heard of some guys selling a round to many differtent buyers...

wind-o-brite

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 04:43:56 pm »
I have offered to buy his work at his asking price , but he still being very cagey
like he is holding out for some one else , could be genuine he sounds a nice chap

i just wondered has anyone heard any horror storys about buying stuff

landy2

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 04:54:32 pm »
its a bit of a mine field i have sold loads of work over the years and i have a point of not letting anyone working it or introducing them to custys , this is my oppionion
1 if you let them work it it takes you longer you have to pay them or they might clean for nothing then at the end they say not interested in the work and if you keep doing this the custys see too many faces until right buyer comes along
2 you let someone else clean the windows they might not be a good cleaner its ok once they pay me the money they can do them on there own and i dont get a repetion of a bad cleaner

window cleaning is down to trust in every way and buying a round is just the same

robby1

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 06:12:45 pm »
I've sold off most of my work over the past few months ,

Depending on the guy , I part worked the round after a large deposit was taken ,

Some i wanted full amount up front as didn't like the look of them .

All depends on the people buying ,

It's a two way street , I wouldn't introduce all customers until payment had cleared
Otherwise feel Id be messed about ,

Most cases I've worked 20% of round with them , and didn't want to split takings or the hassle of introducing new guy ,

It's window cleaning , your buying a customer database , I had no drop outs
When I've taken over rounds , just explained I'm the new windy , most folk are fine with this ,  ;D

wind-o-brite

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 06:45:01 pm »
Never thought about it from  sellers point like you say , its just a matter of hitting it off and trusting each other

king marko

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 07:50:18 pm »
When I bought some work I personally visited every customer beforehand and hand delivered a letter introducing myself and explaining the changeover - the letter had all my contact details and the previous windys too so they could contact us both with any queries - of course, not everyone was home and I still have yet to meet all of them but I think this was an ok way to do it with regards to the seller - I probably lost about 10% but over the past 6 months have probably gained that back in new customers  :)

wind-o-brite

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 08:28:07 pm »
Think il try that mark , that sounds a good idea

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 06:02:56 am »
When buying work is there ever problems arising over pricing of the jobs,what do you do if you feel that some of the work you have bought has been done to cheaply..?

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 04:10:49 pm »
there is a element of drop off when buying a round about 10% as the guy just said. bear this in mind when buying and try and sell gutter cleans and clears. personally i have been lucky with my round that i bought. so do introduce yourself when you take it on or post letters through the box.

Pope vader

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 05:58:29 pm »
i have never sold, work   but have give commercial work away, hotels pubs etc.  the people who i give the work too have alwasys been screwed over  by the people claiming the prices includes loads of other stuff that it never did

lee michaelmckenna

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 01:09:51 pm »
Ive bought a few rounds over the years, n would never hand over any cash till i had worked it with the lad selling, the round.......its the only way forward

Johnny B

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 03:08:20 pm »
I sold my round off in 3 stages to the same guy. He didn't work the round with me, and paid in full before I handed the books over, although I gave him details of locations, number of customers and turnover before we met up for each handover. We had a written contract which we both agreed and signed, and I personally wrote to every customer explaining the transfer of business and gave him a letter of introduction to show the customers that he was taking over from me. Each stage went very smoothly, as both parties were honest with each other throughout.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Robert hawes

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 11:43:28 pm »
i was going to buy a round near in Rugby abt 4 mths ago and he want £32,000 with £4k mth of work he told me he had the books and that, then i said to him i will let u know abt it, then i seen it again abt 2 mths bk the same round and he want now £28.000 with £4,000 a mth and when i went to look at the work he had no books and that i was not happy abt that, had all the trad tools and a van, i said no mate dont want it as no books and he said been doing it for 10 years but no books... so i just walk...  >:(; .

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 12:24:36 am »
i was going to buy a round near in Rugby abt 4 mths ago and he want £32,000 with £4k mth of work he told me he had the books and that, then i said to him i will let u know abt it, then i seen it again abt 2 mths bk the same round and he want now £28.000 with £4,000 a mth and when i went to look at the work he had no books and that i was not happy abt that, had all the trad tools and a van, i said no mate dont want it as no books and he said been doing it for 10 years but no books... so i just walk...  >:(; .

if he did av this much work then if he would of being
happy working a month with you
i think you would av had a good round
£48k a yr turnover
id be happy paying £12k
£32k s a lot ov money for goodwill
thats all your buying !!!!
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."