Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scrimmer73

What Gutter Vac ???
« on: November 04, 2011, 04:38:14 pm »
I`ve been looking around for a few monts now , with a view to getting involved , already have a several yes`s , and few potentials, just from existing customers.

I`ve looked at Omnivac, even spoken to them, they was really helpfull , but not sure i want to spend that amount just yet, ive conidered the DIY route too..

I came across a Company ETS Direct , advertising on Ebay ,, all looks pretty good 3000W vac , all the attachments i guess i would require , 12m system with Camera ,is £949.

I think it all seems reasonable ,, but before i take the plunge , has anyone out there got one , or has any knowledge of the machine?.

Any  advice would be appreciated, I dont want to invest in something that lasts just a couple of years, or realise afterwards that for similar money there was something better out there.

Also when clearing turf from the gutter , and the pipe  gets blocked , how often do  you have to turn the machine off to release the suction , or does in disintergraate , more often than assume .

Thanks

josh

Re: What Gutter Vac ???
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 04:47:07 pm »
Polar Vac from Polarbrite

Scoop

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 05:12:16 pm »
I've got the ETS vac. I've been using it since March and have had no problems. Suction is very good. I know someone who has done hundred of cleans over a period of 3 years with the same ETS vac with no problems.  Also useful to be able to stage the power in 1-3kW. Most of my cleaning is done at 2kW.

Downside, it is heavy, especially as it starts to fill up. It comes with a trolley but you can't always use this due to narrow access etc. But it is still managable and I have always managed to lift/lug it around.

ETS system is good but look at www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk too - well put together and good value for money. Don't forget you can mix and match so get vac from one supplier, camera from another and poles and nozzles from another (check compatibility first).
Don't wish it were easier. Wish that you were better - Jim Rohn

niceandclean

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 05:51:53 pm »
www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk bought the whole commercial kit off them. Great couple of guys to deal with, customer service is very good. Also got a tired Omnipole vac which ive had a few years, and the Karcher is just as good. Save yourself some money and give them a call.

glen parva

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 05:56:38 pm »
Polar Vac from Polarbrite

yes we have one very good product

DMC Window Cleaners Ltd

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 05:57:51 pm »
we have the ETS with bullet cam, had it a couple of years and it is great not a single problem. very strong suck.
only problem with a 3000w vac is if customer is not in you need at least a 3.5kw jenny and they arent cheap. big and heavy,

but if you have a big enough van for jenny or customers are always in deff go with the ets set up.
we played with the camera and we can get about 100m and still see perfect on the screen. and it works 10m in the dark with the four leds on the end

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 06:51:26 pm »
Released today, the new lightlift wow..

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 07:59:39 pm »
srimmer 73 if you post your email I have an offer for you.
I have an Eastern trading vac + cam + genni
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

clean

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 08:14:54 pm »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=137853.0

No need to spend silly money,i`ve already earned £150 with it in a week  ;)

Pittmonkey

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 08:23:48 pm »
Cleancare can you make me that offer aswell: email in profile
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

LADDER MONKEY

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 08:54:11 pm »
Check this one out m8. http://www.polarbrite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_73&products_id=650
ive see this bad boy at work, a great bit of kit & i think at a great price too. you will find one in my van very soon  ;D

mark311069

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 08:57:56 pm »
ive had one from omnipole for three years now never let me down. use it with  superlite sections from gardiners

Scrimmer73

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 07:11:30 pm »
Bump

JUST GUTTERS

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 07:43:27 pm »
laddermonkey i would go fo on with bigger holding....maybe 30l .. i have the 20l and could have done with a bit more....iam going to buy a bigger one in few weeks and iam also going for the 110v
www.justguttersni.co.uk
clear-clean-repair-replace

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 08:01:46 pm »
Why 110 - can't use custies electric without an inverter.?

JUST GUTTERS

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 09:41:56 pm »
dont use custies electri... use a genie......
i have just been worried the last few days working in the rain with it....and thats another reason why i could be doing with more capacity..when it raining your lift more water but does seem better as it keeps the tubes clean..
www.justguttersni.co.uk
clear-clean-repair-replace

rycalshaw

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 10:18:15 pm »
i got the clarke system from guttercleaningsystems been great so far but i am going to buy a camera coz mirror a bit of a pain, but machines been great.. cheap too

edward1

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:09 pm »
i have a vac from ets which works fine.i dont think any gutter vac will be easy just by nature of the job.

but i wouldnt recomend them at all.customer service is doesnt exist .i need somee spares and even tho i have spoke to them a couple of times they dont return calls or sell spares ity seems.
so avoid ets in my experience. >:( >:( >:(

DMC Window Cleaners Ltd

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 01:23:12 pm »
we needed spares from ets and they sent them next day was very good experince maybe you caught them on an off day

Dave.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 03:31:42 pm »
i got the clarke system from guttercleaningsystems been great so far but i am going to buy a camera coz mirror a bit of a pain, but machines been great.. cheap too

I've got a system from them too and I know what you mean about the mirror.

After the first few uses I started looking for a camera system - however, just lately i've been doing loads of gutter clears and finally I've got used to the mirror. 

I don't try and see what I'm doing as I clean, instead I turn the vac head to the side and have the mirror aligned so I can survey a section of guttering normally from 1 support to the next, then I clean it and double check with a quick survey then survey the next bit - and so on.

Definately working for me now - it's worth perservering a bit more.