Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

preston powerblast

RED DIESEL HIKE
« on: December 05, 2005, 11:25:49 pm »
I have just read an article about red diesel prices may rise by a massive increase.

Despite freezing the duty on main road fuels due to the volatile oil market, the Chancellor announced a 1.22p/litre increase in the duty on red diesel, which is a rise of over 20%.

This will kill my business as I use a lot of the stuff.

mobile valeting & Power wash Services

Re: RED DIESEL HIKE
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 11:38:26 pm »
Gary,
where do you buy your diesel from  ???, it may be worth getting to know some HGV drivers who do trips abroad, I aquire red from this type of source about once a month and it is certainly more cost affective ::) ::). I usualy buy 45 gallons at a time and store it in the back garden, works for me. ALLWAYS PUT WHITE IN THE VAN THOUGH as I have had loads of checks this year from Customs etc.
Malky
Power Wash,polish & shine

preston powerblast

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 11:45:41 pm »
I used to get it off farmer, but he stopped supplying me. I used to get 100 litres a week from him. But on a good week it doesnt go too far.
I wouldnt dare put it in the van as the ministry is on the ball in my parts.
They took me off the road earlier this year and i had to have the van re mot'd before I could use it again

mobile valeting & Power wash Services

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 12:07:27 am »
Gary,
well worth being on the look out for an HGV driver or haulage owner as they buy their red abroad due to the fact they can run the wagons on red abroad, but on arrival in UK they have to change back to white  :(, just a thought
Malky
Power Wash,polish & shine

preston powerblast

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 08:31:14 am »
Cheers for that Malky, I never knew that.