Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave123

water in psi gauge
« on: November 18, 2011, 10:29:38 pm »
During a job today ,just coming to the end,when I noticed  water coming out of the bottom of my machine, when I took a closer look water was inside the psi gauge ,just about got the job finished . got home and started the machine up now i have no psi . Is there anyway I can sort this out or is it a case for a trip to Ashbys? It's a ninja 400psi .

Dave

Mike Halliday

Re: water in psi gauge
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 10:36:18 pm »
gauges are filled with Glycerin ( I think its glycerin) to act as a dampener...... are you sure its not this you are seeing and  mistaking for water

new gauges are £8 on eBay
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

dave123

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 11:37:53 pm »
Thanks Mike  .I expect you are right about that. (glycerin ) but it was definitely water coming out of the machine. So when the gauge fills up does that mean a seal has gone forcing the glycerin to rise in the gauge?
Dave

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 06:43:14 am »
the glycerin is only in the space between the Dial and the glass face not within the body of the gauge , I've not heard of water being forced into a pressure gauge, can you see where the water is leaking from?

dave123

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 08:27:02 am »
Well I had another look this morning and it all seems quite dry at the bottom of the machine so maybe it wasn't water after all . At least I have 4 hours to sort something out . Thanks for your help Mike . Have to go to Ashbys monday and get a new pressure gauge . Meanwhile have to now get some female connectors for my steampro machine, so that I can do this £200 job today .

Dave

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 08:37:51 am »

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 05:06:53 pm »
There will be a small tube branched off your plumbing system that will go to the back of the gauge.  Chances are the connection is just a bit loose.  If that's the case you should just be able to tighten it up