Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_Boxall

IMPORTANT SECURITY NOTICE New
« on: November 25, 2005, 11:27:01 am »
It has been brought to our attention that another cleaning forum has had a serious security problem. It was possible to simply open the page that listed all their members details, email addresses and passwords by typing in the right URL (website address). Unfortunately, it was possible for anyone to access the page if they knew where to look!

It is clear that someone has managed to match some users of the other forum with the user names of some members here and if the passwords have been the same then they have managed to log in and delete that particular members posts.

This is annoying enough for ourselves and, for those members that use are still using the same password for different forums, it means that, in theory, posts could still go missing.

More serious though, is the fact that if members used the same password for things like ebay, hotmail or paypal accounts as they did on this 'other' forum then they too are at risk of being abused.

For your own benefit, you should not use the same password for ANY online service. If you have we strongly suggest you change it now!

I have been told that the issue has now been resolved but someone could still have your password and be waiting to use it when this has all been forgotten!

I would like to point out that this is not a security problem with our site but please feel free to email me if you any any specific concerns.

Regards

Mike Boxall - Forum Administrator

mike@expresscleaningsupplies.co.uk