Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

BridgfordCC

Contacting Letting Agents - Any Experiences?
« on: October 06, 2011, 07:41:04 am »
Hi,

I have written some sales letters for a referral system which basically entices letting agents in my local area into the idea of referring us to homeowners and particularly private landlords so we can clean their properties.

The letter is the best it can be.

Does anybody have experience of actually going into an estate or letting agent, handing over a letter and giving a short description about what it and your company are about, because I am struggling.

I have tried to research this to get an idea as to what to say, but cannot, for the life of me, work out a pitch. All I want is to make a good impression, I am sure they will have a good impression if I am smartly dressed and showing initiative, but I want to walk out of their offices knowing that they will call, email or write saying "We're in."

Basically, the system works by them receiving a cut when our cleaners carry out a property clean as a result of their referral. It requires the letting agents to provide a great deal of trust, in that they need to trust that we're going to do a good job (They're referring us to their own customer base) and they must trust that we are going to pay them their fees, like we said we would, at the end of the month.

Does anybody have any ideas what to say, or had experience in doing this, or similar?

Thank you.

mike roberts

Re: Contacting Letting Agents - Any Experiences?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:09:26 am »
We tried a very similar idea in our local town mainly letting agents / estate agents,
first a phone call to gain point of contact... we then sent a letter introducing ourselves, another phone call and visit.

The service we were offering was a pre / post clean at the start end of a tennancy,
clean would include everything inc carpets ovens etc.
The idea is simple it would save tennants / landlords alot of hassel with deposits etc but no one was prepared to take it on due to cost.

In the end we moved away from daily domestic cleaning and moved over to office cleaning... we have now stopped even stopped this service due to return, staff etc. :-[ :-[