Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GlynE

Orange Food or Drink Stains
« on: September 16, 2011, 04:42:40 pm »
Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody could give me their professional advice please?
I went to a spot stain job today at a holiday let property, there were a dozen or so light orange stains on a wool mix cream coloured carpet. Judging by the location and spread of the stains I can't be certain if it was a drink spillage, I suspect not.
The stains are about 2 weeks old, there was a baby's cot with a 5-6 month old baby in the room, they think close to the stains.
I have used several stain removers (Prochem's Red RX, Stain Pro, Solutions Extreme, RX Spotter, Gum It Off) one or two others and a damp cloth with steam iron to try to remove them, hardly any difference. Because I do not know what actually caused the stain, I do not know what else I can use. Can anybody please advise?

terryyy100

Re: Orange Food or Drink Stains
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:19:24 pm »
you have done all that can be done

Richard Cole

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 11:03:55 pm »
Possible it could be some kind of medicine, my first thought was lucozade but not with a six month old, surely!   Some cough medicine I believe might well be peramant, I would have tried plain water flush, followed by M Power Spotter, then Extreme, Gum Off, to be honest if they didn't work I doubt it will shift.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

markpowell

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 09:04:21 am »
Just becsause there is a cot in the room now, maybe there was a teenager in there not so long ago, throwing iron bru about etc.
I wouldnt waste any more time cant see you getting it out, as you have tried almost everything except from the Sod Met or Peroxide route.

Mark

Linds Russell

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 09:20:11 am »
Chemspec Help Mate may do it. Wear gloves when mixing and applying!

Pre spot with a neutral spotter, blot, apply the mixed help mate, allow dwell time and rinse. This stuff removes Lucozade, Irn Bru and orange juice stains.
Linds

GlynE

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 01:08:23 pm »
Thank you very much for all your replies.
I must admit I hate to be beaten by stains and such like, I may well try and get some "Chemspec help mate" that Linds has suggested and try it out.
Since posting this enquiry I have checked the Prochem stain removal guide, for yellow stains they talk about using their Browning Prescription solution, I was wondering if anybody has come across this and used it, and what were there thoughts?

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 06:56:04 pm »
re: Bp chem..... what you used gave it a much better chance than BP
"So basically its a big vax!"

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 11:13:43 am »
Spray & Go or helpmate for these IMO.

You can also use heat transfer with caution on these 2 products.