Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craignozza

truckmount fitted
« on: August 14, 2011, 08:21:16 am »
 got back friday  from spending two days in cornwall visiting hydramaster to get truckmount fitted in van.... Im like a little kid at christmas ,im so excited it hurts  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

craignozza

Re: truckmount fitted
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 12:53:09 pm »
Hydramax 450D

derek west

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 01:06:50 pm »

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 06:52:18 pm »
useless thread without pics Craig :)

craignozza

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 09:49:15 pm »
Used & will upload a photo tomorrow when I get back from work

Jim_77

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 12:28:00 am »
...at lunch time ;) ;) ;)

craignozza

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 11:55:40 am »
 ;D

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 11:58:20 am »
...at lunch time ;) ;) ;)

1 minute to pics coming on !!  ;)

Andrew

clive ware

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 08:54:25 pm »
I had one of those. Powerful arent they!

craignozza

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 09:21:44 pm »
I know i only had a prochem steempro before its like comparing mike tyson to Barry McGuigan theres just no match............i cant believe its not butter  ;D ;D ;D

craignozza

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 09:30:49 pm »
( comparing mike tyson to Barry McGuigan theres just no match. )

Bit worried i might have started a whole new thread  :) :)

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 12:12:17 am »
( comparing mike tyson to Barry McGuigan theres just no match. )

Bit worried i might have started a whole new thread  :) :)

Your right, both very good fighters, the bigger of the two of spent, wasted and lost many millions of £'s, and ended up in prison  :)

Mr Dvae

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 08:12:37 am »
Good machine    enjoy

Dave

craignozza

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 08:11:28 pm »
Hi all,
Finally got some photos of tm in van - please rate  ;D ;D
Craig

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 08:26:01 pm »
Craig,
How many hours on the machine?
How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?
Simon

craignozza

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 08:48:52 pm »
Simon,
Theres 194 hours on it - cost £3k on ebay and its cost us £2k to get it up and running. It belonged to a bus company and was mounted on a trailer and had been neglected, only bonus was that we sold the trailer for a grand so it helped fund getting it fixed. Now it runs like a dream.
Craig

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 09:03:04 pm »
Craig,
Thought it was the bus one. It has spent a lot of it's life doing nothing so should be a good machine. Just needs a paint job now.
Don't forget you can run it on red diesel ;)

Simon

Jim_77

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 10:51:24 pm »
Not the prettiest install, being honest, but who cares what a money-making machine looks like ;)

I like the exhaust through the floor.  Couldn't do that on mine, apparently Transits have a sodding great metal beam that runs underneath just there, you can't fit an exhaust through the floor on them.  Thankfully I don't do many jobs like terraced streets where people walk right past the machine, but when I do I'm a bit concerned about the exhaust blowing straight out the side.

I'm a bit concerned about the layout actually.  Upright water tank right up against the bulkhead, surely there's a risk over being overweight on the front axle?  That's almost a third of a tonne of water sitting there.  Also being just behind the front seats is a bit of a worry in a high-speed crash.  It looks like the bulkhead is metal though?  If so that's a lot safer than just a bit of plywood to protect you!

I must admit there is an advantage of an upright fresh tank - it doesn't matter so much if you're parked on a slope, you'll always be able to run your tank at fairly low levels.  With my submount tank if I'm parked facing downhill on a decent slope I can have 100L of water in there and it doesn't come up the the outlet which is right at the back end of the tank!

Is the floor of the van waterproofed?  Too late now really if it isn't, you'll never be able to do it properly with the machine in there. 

Did you insulate behind the plywood before the machine was installed? :-\   When the frosts set in you're going to be literally burning money trying to heat an un-insulated van.  I'd highly recommend continuing the ply up the sides and all the way across the roof, with loft insulation behind it.  Do all the doors as well, use ]9mm on the back doors so you can screw stuff to it.  Also give the ply a coat of paint to waterproof it. Will make it look all nice and neat too ;)

You're going to have to think about use of space in the back.  Everything is bolted to the floor, taking up a lot of room, so you're going to have to get a bit creative.  Have you got racking along the nearside wall, out of shot in the photos?

One thing you could do to use space better is build a box over one of the wheel arches and sit the hose reel on top.  You could then use the box as a a little cubby-hole.

Those packs of different storage hooks you get from DIY shops are very useful, mounting your wands on hooks on the roof is a very good way of storing them.

Sorry for the long-winded rambling post!