Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrisham

Global Cleaning
« on: August 02, 2011, 07:32:55 pm »
Just lost a job to Global cleaning, They quoted less than I am paying my staff to carry out the same work. We have carried out cleaning for this major company for over 3 years without a hitch yet I can't compete with the Global Cleaning quote.

Are they still a company that really makes money from their sub contractors by selling them stock at over inflated prices and charging poor gullible souls 4 or 5 times the monthly contract?

How do people even gross the minimum wage???

Small but perfectley formed

Re: Global Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 12:37:40 pm »
Yes thats the business model :o :'(
Spit and polish

chrisham

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 11:55:34 am »
How can you compete with them ??

Surely, they are exploiting people and instead of employing staff, they subcontract, but at a rate that must be at least half the minimum wage. With this in mind, it implies they are providing work for the black economy. Does that mean they are circumnavigating the law? I guess most of the subcontractors will not be able to make a living wage from the contracts so they will have to claim benefits to survive. This can't be right.

chrisham

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 12:08:03 pm »
Just a small update. I have been told by our HR Advisor that the new contractors will have to employ our current staff member as this is the only job he does, which he was specifically employed for. I am now learning about TUPE which is a minefield, but does appear to protect your staff in these circumstances and save you from laying them off. As I understand they have to employ them on their current employment contract. How will the new contractors go on having to pay the staff member around £100 per month more than their quote????