Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

650 gpd ro waste/pure ratio?
« on: July 11, 2011, 09:40:53 pm »
so im new to ro's and was just wondering what kind of waste to pure ratio i should be getting?

its a pumped ro and i get about 125 psi presure pumped with a ppm of around 10

and about 25 psi unpumped and a ppm of around 20.

im on a water meter so i wanna keep water bill cost down but still get a decently lowish ppm (i know i might be asking for miracles a bit  ;D)

so what do you experienced guys recon?

also is mone a good ro? i know a 4040 is the best but im under the impresion mine is 2nd best?

thanks for any advice!

GB

matty72

Re: 650 gpd ro waste/pure ratio?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 09:57:37 pm »
what system do you use mate to purify your water, i use amerlin but wana know whats best, can you name the product, i want the cheapest product with the least amount of waste, dont want much i know

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:22:26 pm »
what system do you use mate to purify your water, i use amerlin but wana know whats best, can you name the product, i want the cheapest product with the least amount of waste, dont want much i know
http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/200_GPD_RO_Systems_and_spare_parts.html

this is mine mate, mine is the 600god boosted version!

matty72

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 10:47:38 am »
cheers mate about same price as merlin,wonder how they compare

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 12:15:02 pm »
GB

I bought that RO unit earlier this year because it states it is a 600gpd unit and I needed a decent yield. Fortunately now I do not have any window cleaning but will still use the unit on our commercial works, from time to time.

The pumped unit needs to be on a timer and must be switched off for half an hour for every hour it runs because the transformer cannot handle the usage. Why not get a decent transformer sorted (supplier!!!!!)

They don't tell you that on the website. The reality of this unit is some 500litres per day, if your lucky!!!!!

Rob ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 03:55:35 pm »
GB

I bought that RO unit earlier this year because it states it is a 600gpd unit and I needed a decent yield. Fortunately now I do not have any window cleaning but will still use the unit on our commercial works, from time to time.

The pumped unit needs to be on a timer and must be switched off for half an hour for every hour it runs because the transformer cannot handle the usage. Why not get a decent transformer sorted (supplier!!!!!)

They don't tell you that on the website. The reality of this unit is some 500litres per day, if your lucky!!!!!

Rob ;D

i use mine on a timer, 30 mins on 15 mins off. i disagree about how much pure it makes i can fill my 350 ltr tank @ 10ppm in 4 hours!

gb

matty72

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 04:00:53 pm »
not sure which ro unit you guys mean now, this one on pure freedom looks good, 2400 GPD High Volume Reverse Osmosis System (40" Membrane), nearly 600 quid, but needs no power and the wastage of water is low the bloke said, what do you think.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 05:32:17 pm »
I need to look at my set up then as I am definately not getting that level of output!

Rob ;D

mikecam

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 08:21:39 pm »
so im new to ro's and was just wondering what kind of waste to pure ratio i should be getting?

im on a water meter so i wanna keep water bill cost down but still get a decently lowish ppm (i know i might be asking for miracles a bit  ;D)

also is mone a good ro? i know a 4040 is the best but im under the impresion mine is 2nd best?

thanks for any advice!

GB

RO's are designed to run about 25% product water and 75% waste. They're mostly all similar. If you reduce the amount of waste you produce them you reduce the efficiency of getting rid of contaminants and effectivley reduce the life of your membrane. Its true you can run a 4040 (or some others) at about 50% product and 50% waste or better, what you gotta work out is that if it is cost effective to YOU to run like that bearing in mind you will change membranes more frequently.
 4040 are expensive, they are fast producing i would hesitate to describe them as best or better because it depends upon what you need each day. In some circumstances they are overkill.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 12:23:08 pm »

thanks for any advice!

GB

RO's are designed to run about 25% product water and 75% waste. They're mostly all similar. If you reduce the amount of waste you produce them you reduce the efficiency of getting rid of contaminants and effectivley reduce the life of your membrane. Its true you can run a 4040 (or some others) at about 50% product and 50% waste or better, what you gotta work out is that if it is cost effective to YOU to run like that bearing in mind you will change membranes more frequently.
 4040 are expensive, they are fast producing i would hesitate to describe them as best or better because it depends upon what you need each day. In some circumstances they are overkill.

25% product 75% waste! really? that little product water ??? i though they were designed to run about 50/50 product to waste!  :o  :(

gto

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 01:58:58 pm »
no there not that effiecient, unless you pay a lot.

my first was 4:1
my new one is 2:1
thats waste to pure

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 02:29:27 pm »
whats your new one gto?

and what was your old one for that matter?

thanks

GB

gto

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 02:50:08 pm »
old one was a 200GPD RO man with mains pressure. 12l per hour
new one is a Vyair 450gpd with twin booster pumps 50l per hour

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »
old one was a 200GPD RO man with mains pressure. 12l per hour
new one is a Vyair 450gpd with twin booster pumps 50l per hour

cool, mine is a bosted 650 gpd, so what kind of product per hour would you expect from mine, roughly?

im new to ro's you see!

thanks

GB

gto

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 04:38:17 pm »
hopefully somewhere around 75 - 100l per hour.
when i first set mine up i put 2 containers 1 for waste and one for pure and timed 5 mins then measured them out, so i could see the ratio produced

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 06:02:58 pm »
hopefully somewhere around 75 - 100l per hour.
when i first set mine up i put 2 containers 1 for waste and one for pure and timed 5 mins then measured them out, so i could see the ratio produced

thanks mate, good idea about messuring the waste and pure! think i'll do the same!

GB